Old 09-29-01, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody else watching Wolf Lake?

What are your thoughts?
Old 09-29-01, 09:34 PM

Hey stranger!

I looked forward to it, but I was a little disappointed. I thought it could have used some more detail, fewer characters with more character development.

I think it has promise (I found myself thinking of Twin Peaks).

What did you think?
Old 09-29-01, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hey Lady!!!!!

I really didn't see Twin Peaks, so I can't comment on the similarities. I like it so far. There's a lot to take in and they're not going to give it away up front. I like the casting and I also feel it's got lots of potential. Let's hope CBS doesn't screw this up like they did with American Gothic.

I've always liked S/F, Fantasy and supernatural stuff. Did you watch the recent ep?
Old 09-29-01, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Due to scheduling conflicts and the fact that I always forget CBS exists (can you blame me?), I missed the first two episodes, so I guess I'm out of luck. Come to think of it, CBS has a real problem on their hands. I heard about this show a while ago and thought ... hmm ... this might be pretty good ... I need to watch it when the Fall comes around. Then, as time got closer, I realized it was on CBS and thought ... hmm ... I guess I can miss this show ... I mean, come on, it's on CBS. As a fan of most things Viacom, I certainly have no problem with CBS, but it's definitely a psychological disadvantage working against them.

Anyway, you'll have to let us know if it stays good. My plate's pretty full right now, as I'm sure you can imagine , but if it's a keeper, I may hop on in the summer.

das
Old 09-30-01, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Prob(Wolf Lake last through November sweeps) = .10
Prob(Wolf Lake lasts through May | survies through November sweeps) = .30
Prob(Wolf Lake is renewed | making it through May) = 1 (be optimistic)

Prob (you'll be watching Wolf Lake this summer) = very small

Seriously, it lost audience from start to finish, its ratings are low, and its up against both L&O and NYPD Blue which hasn't even started yet. This show was DOA.
Old 09-30-01, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Granted it's up against two good shows, but I could care less about either of them. Been there, done that. The audience for Wolf Lake would more than likely be those who are into S/F rather than mainstream drama.

There's a good chance it may not make it, but for now, I'm happy to hang in there.
Old 09-30-01, 11:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've been looking forward to it as well, but have been disappointed with what I've seen so far. I will give it time to prove me wrong though...
Old 10-01-01, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Did I see it wrong or do they just turn into regular wolves? I wanna see mutated, monster werewolf type creatures.....
Old 10-01-01, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They turn into wolves.
Old 10-02-01, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Way to slow after the first two episodes.
I realize that character development, etc. takes time, especially in a series, but I'm afraid this won't be around long enough for true devlopment to take place.

Also, I'm having a hard time envisioning where the story lines can go. Granted we have the missing person angle and the ploce chief's daughter angle...but I can't see where else they can go.
Old 10-03-01, 10:18 PM

I hope this picks up steam because it has potential Not every show is a hit right out of the box, and Lou Diamond isn't much of a draw. There is a good supporting cast - lots of cute girls, Tim Matheson, Sharon Lawrence (Sipowitz' wife) as a hot older broad but I'll watch it for Mia Kirshner. If you haven't seen her schoolgirl stripper act in Atom Egoyan's "Exotica" you are missing a treat as well as one of the best movies of the '90's.
Old 10-04-01, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just happened to tune in to this...Mia is a goddess...so I'm happy. Damn, she looks better than ever, I MUST HAVE HER!!!
Old 10-04-01, 02:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I too think it is rather slow so far. I will still give it a chance though.
Old 10-04-01, 09:58 PM

I'd put this show as a cross between Twin Peaks and The Kindred. It looks like it's going to take a couple more eps. to really take shape, but I'll be watching.

"But what if I don't want a siezure?"