Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

I would pay good money to get Stone Cold to stop saying "what"!

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 08-23-01, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Goodness that is annoying (not to mention extremely stupid!)! Also, do you think Jeff Hardy (or was it Matt?) was really injured jumping off that ladder tonight? I can usually tell when it's a fake "call the paramedics", but I was unsure this time.
Old 08-23-01, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
What? You don't like Stone Cold. What? You want him to stop saying it. What?

In other words I totally agree. "What?" is even worse than the Rock's catch phrases.
Old 08-23-01, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What?
Old 08-23-01, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 280 Likes on 176 Posts
I think it's funny and effective. what? I said I think it's funny and effective. Doing so demonstrates how he doesn't care what the other person has to say so he'll just put words in their mouth for them. what? I said he puts words in their mouth. It makes him a bigger jackass and the opposite of the leader he thinks he is. Now, get out there and give your heart and soul for Stone Cold! It's appreciation night. What? I said it's appreciation night, get out there!

Last edited by GuessWho; 08-23-01 at 10:19 PM.
Old 08-23-01, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Jeff's injury was a work, not only to show the repercussions of a high impact style, but to begin the angle between Raven and RVD.
Old 08-24-01, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah i find it extremely annoying too, What! Also about Jeff Hardy, i didnt believe the injury, i know it must of hurt like hell, but Jeff could of walked off by himself, What!
Old 08-24-01, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Well at least it's better that his Err Err.
Old 08-24-01, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts
I think it's funny as hell. What? I think it's funny as hell. It's the first time I've liked Austin in years. I thought his character was getting stale, but now he plays the perfect heel.
Old 08-24-01, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The only thing I like better than What? is Enh Enh!

Real injuries almost NEVER happen on camera (HHH's hamstring aside). What? I said they don't happen. Plus, it sure would've been convenient timing for Raven to come out on cue if Jeff was What? Really hurt. What?
Old 08-25-01, 08:28 AM

Jeff hardy's injury was definatley part of the show. When they show the paramedics on TV that's your first hint. When they don't put the wrestler in a collar, that's the next hint. Finally when there's an impromptu match that leads into an angle and a well scripted interview, there's no doubt.

Besides, If they show it to you, it's part of the show, if they quickly cut to the announcers or a commercial, then maybe....
Old 08-25-01, 06:11 PM
Premium Member

Received 728 Likes on 480 Posts
That "what" has GOT to go! If he only used a time or two per interview with some other new phrases thrown in, then maybe...

But I cannot stand to watch any segment with SCSA anymore. Good thing Monday Night football is back so there is something to change to whenever he comes on....
Old 08-27-01, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?what?in case you didn't hear me,what?what?what?what?i said,what?are you hearing me boy?what?what?what?kinda annoying huh?what?
Old 08-27-01, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I love it first time since the Blondes that I've liked Austin, the best is when he just stopped looked at the crowd and said what like a dozen times. It was very funny laughed very hard.
Old 08-27-01, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
And that's the bottom line!
Old 08-27-01, 08:52 PM

I'd pay good money for TNN to fix their sound system. That background hum/buzz has got to go. And no it's not just me...my friends are hearing it too. Have been for the past 2 Mondays.

Chris
Old 08-27-01, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 210 Likes on 162 Posts
Tonight's show is once again going for off beat shenanigans over story telling. Seems like they're making the alliance out as little more than a dysfunctional family with SCSA and Debra as the parents.
Old 08-28-01, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I can't believe Helms has to turn himself into a goof ball just to get a push. I hope the superhero thing gets him over, because the kid really can wrestle. Huricane Man though ?!? Its like Vince wants the WCW to fail.

Booker T is about the only guy thats getting any chance and I doubt his knee will hold out long enough for him to do anything. He was limping again tonight after he beat up the Big Slow.

The matches tonight were pretty weak, but the Rock did put on a pretty good match with Rhyno. Other than that it was a snoozer. Jim Ross selling the Undertaker as a leaner, quicker, and more flexible wrestler made me laugh my butt off. Dude can barely walk, much less wrestle. The sooner the American Fatass retires the better for everyone.
Old 08-28-01, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by CCPrescott
I'd pay good money for TNN to fix their sound system. That background hum/buzz has got to go. And no it's not just me...my friends are hearing it too. Have been for the past 2 Mondays.

Chris
You know at first I thought this was because of my Tivo so I switched over to use the other cable box still had it so I just figured it was my old tv. Now I'm glad it's tnn.
Old 08-28-01, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by CCPrescott
I thought that was just me and my new JVC! *WHEW!* That thing would have been a real PITA to take back for service for nothing.

And Stone Cold's latest character. What? Just reminds me. What? Of talking to my hearing impaired father. What?
Old 08-29-01, 04:59 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds like I need to tune in real soon. I've been an Austin fan since he was "Stunning".
Old 08-29-01, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 210 Likes on 162 Posts
Maybe Vince really does want the WCW to fail on its own so it will eventually be wiped from the history books. I honestly feel it's unfair for Vince to make WCW's wrestlers look like a bunch of chumps; it's like he's making them pay their dues all over despite how far they came in a rival profession.

IMO, just keep Stacy and Torrie for breeding purposes, fire the rest if you're going to do little more than what you do with them.