Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Murder in Small Town X is fixxed!! (IMHO)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-01, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has to be! There is no way that Kristen b*tch comes back from the murder tract 5 straight times (or is it 4? I forget.). It would be so easy. After the two contestants draw and find out where they are going, the producers simply send the murderer to the location Kristin is not going to. They want her on the show for the same reason the contestants want her off. She is a b*tch and makes for good tv viewing because it gives us someone to hate and a reason to tune in every week to see if she gets the boot.
Old 08-21-01, 09:50 PM
Banned

Oh no!!
Old 08-21-01, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
"reality" show = completely fake rigged crap
Old 08-22-01, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm pretty sure Fox has tricked everyone into thinking this is a reality show without actually ever calling it one themselves.

I thought everyone was an actor the first 10 minutes into the first episode. I immediatlely turned it off.
Old 08-22-01, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Murder in Small Town X is fixxed!! (IMHO)

Originally posted by Bcolon
It has to be! There is no way that Kristen b*tch comes back from the murder tract 5 straight times (or is it 4? I forget.). It would be so easy. After the two contestants draw and find out where they are going, the producers simply send the murderer to the location Kristin is not going to. They want her on the show for the same reason the contestants want her off. She is a b*tch and makes for good tv viewing because it gives us someone to hate and a reason to tune in every week to see if she gets the boot.
She's gone out 4 times total, but only 3 of them were in a row. She was lifeguard the 2nd episode.
I don't know if I think the show is fixed, but the odds of coming back 4 times are 1/16.
I think its funny though. At this point, I'd rather see Jeff gone.

It's kind of sad that this is the only show I have been watching this summer. More time to catch up on dvds, I guess.
Old 08-22-01, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

If only the murderer would hunt down this show.

das
Old 08-22-01, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I like the show. Personally kind of makes you wonder. But I do believe at the end of the show they have some kind of disclaimer saying that things we edited and altered. Kind of to say hey we know that We sued Survivor for not being "reality" so we had our witty Fox lawyers draw something up.
Old 08-23-01, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by thejammy
I like the show. Personally kind of makes you wonder. But I do believe at the end of the show they have some kind of disclaimer saying that things we edited and altered. Kind of to say hey we know that We sued Survivor for not being "reality" so we had our witty Fox lawyers draw something up.
That same disclaimer is at the end of a lot of game shows. The disclaimer says that portions that did not affect the outcome have been edited......blah blah blah
basically for time. I think that Who Wants to Be a Millionaire has the same disclaimer (since the show is not timed and some people have taken up to 20 minutes or so to answer a question).......
Old 08-24-01, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't think it's rigged, but it's a good theory. I noticed that they started putting 'fake clues' at the murder sites (I guess to psyche the player out.) They didn't do that at first. That could easily be seen as proof for your theory that they set both sites to be OK, and then send the murderer to the one with the player they want to kill. Interesting. I'll keep watching it with an eye to that.

And yeah, I don't think they ever flat out called it a reality show themselves. They had a lot of promos that mentioned reality shows, but only in the sense of, "If you liked all these other reality shows, you'll like this" and never actually said this was a 'reality show.'

Personally, I'm liking this show. It's fun to watch, and I think I'd like to play a game like that. I don't see it as a 'reality show' but a game show.
Old 08-25-01, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by renaldow
I don't think it's rigged, but it's a good theory. I noticed that they started putting 'fake clues' at the murder sites (I guess to psyche the player out.)
If you mean those flower lattice things, they have always had them at both the safe site and murder site since the first episode. I don't know if the ones at the muder site have actual clues in the middle or not. I also think that on the first episode, the murder site "X" lattice seemed disfigured somehow, but after that the murder site ones seemed to look normal.
Old 08-26-01, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I tried to watch it for awhile but found something more impeding than being rigged. I think it was my boredom. I guess that I just think that the actors are overdoing things. I'm sure it is fixed in some sort of a way...almost too sure.
Old 08-27-01, 07:37 PM

nah...I think it is still broken.
Old 08-28-01, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Woo, the byatch is finally gone!
Old 08-29-01, 05:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I heard this show has dropped like a rock in the ratings. I'm surprised it's still on actually. I guess w/ it being summer and a limited # of eps they figure to play it out though.
Old 08-29-01, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Jeraden
Woo, the byatch is finally gone!
It's about time. If she came back again I would have been mad.
Old 08-29-01, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Old 08-29-01, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's about time. If she came back again I would have been mad.
yeah, but I hate that model guy more. I was really hoping he would die.
Old 08-29-01, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by garmonbozia
yeah, but I hate that model guy more. I was really hoping he would die.
I'm pulling for the model guy. Not only is he from the same city as me, but I actually know one of his friends. Otherwise, yeah, I'd hate him too.
Old 08-30-01, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm pulling for the model guy. Not only is he from the same city as me, but I actually know one of his friends. Otherwise, yeah, I'd hate him too.
I was pulling for Kristen or however she spells her name just because she would stand up to Jeff (the model guy). I hated her the first few episodes, but after all the abuse she took, and because she hated Jeff, I was hoping she would win.
I was secondly pulling for the guy with the blond hair, but he lied to the group about how he was voting last episode...and I don't know if I can like someone who is buddy buddy with Jeff (even though he calls him stupid behind his back).
So I don't really like anyone who is left now.
It's a shame that the med student got killed. He didn't annoy me.
The remaining girl is harmless, but she's boring.
I guess if I had to pick someone remaining to win...just based on personality...I would pick Angel. He's at least a decent guy.
Old 08-30-01, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't know about Angel, I used to like him but the more I've seen of him he's kind of annoying. He started sucking up to Kirsten after putting her down, so it shows a weak will and backstabbing tendancies, IMHO.

The blonde guy from TN isn't so bad, I wouldn't mind if he won. You're right, the other girl is boring. She has no personality whatsoever. I'm glad model guy beat Kristen, but he could drop out now for all I care.