Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Do you like my simpsons web site??

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Do you like my Simpsons web site??
YES
53.33%
NO
46.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-01, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wanted to know if you like my new web site??

http://redsox5048.tripod.com/Springfeild/
Old 08-13-01, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I voted No for a couple of reasons:

1) You just started a thread about your website ... why do we need a poll?

2) It's very slow. I realize this is Tripod's problem, not yours, but when it comes to making a decision of whether or not I'll visit a site, speed counts.

3) There's no "b" in "description"

4) If you plan to review episodes, try getting into more depth than "it was funny." What made it funny? Was there a particular social satire that struck you as unique? Were you impressed by the voice over work, or the animation, or the storyline?

5) March 11 was a long time ago.

If you're going to make a website, you must first ask yourself a fundamental question: is it for you or for others? If it's just for you, then that's fine ... do whatever you want and enjoy it. If it's for others, however, you need to provide something you can't find from a site that's already established. I didn't see anything of that nature.

I hope you don't mind my criticism, and I hope you find it constructive. It's obvious that you enjoy the Simpsons and want to express yourself through a website, and I support you completely. But I would suggest investing a little more time into it if you want others to appreciate it the way you do. Good luck.

das
Old 08-13-01, 02:42 PM

Thanks your comments will help me to make my site better. Although I would like to tell you that the news post on my site from march was a long time ago but, it is because the site was down from march until now....the site from march was a trial pre site and so I decided to take it further. On another note I would like to tell you that I don't really have much time to work on my site....maybe a half an hour a day because I'm in school....thats why I waited until now to release the site. Thank you for voting and viewing my site. Maybe you should check back after a while when it is fully up and running and I can iron out the bugs. Thanks for your time and I hope you check back again. Sorry it wasn't the best experience the first time.
Old 08-13-01, 03:48 PM

I guess this web site isn't good. I'm sorry to waste your time. I'm closing it down. Thanks, maybe some other time I can build something better. Other people who voted no do you have a reason for it. Thanks .
Old 08-13-01, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

might want to run "Welcome to Springfeild" by the editor again...
Old 08-13-01, 04:21 PM

ok I get it my web site sucks. I said I'm sorry . I did my best this is the first site I've ever made.
Old 08-13-01, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i voted yes. it wasn't slow for me and it didnt suck.
Old 08-14-01, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I voted yes. Any Simpsons fan that devotes his time to spreading the joy of the Simpsons around to others is doing a good job. Your trivia is nice. you should expand on that and maybe make it interractive.

Keep up the good work!
Old 08-14-01, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by ReDsOx5048
ok I get it my web site sucks. I said I'm sorry . I did my best this is the first site I've ever made.
Dude, calm down Your site doesn't "suck" and no one here has said that. Hell, I'd be happy with 50/50 response on my first site. Just keep putting time into it and maybe wait until you have some more content to start telling people about it. You'll be fine. Don't give up now because a bunch of jokers at TV Talk didn't think it was tha shiznit.

das