Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Favorite Cartoon Network original cartoon show

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: What is your favorite Cartoon Network orginal cartoon series?
Courage the Cowardly Dog
6.67%
Cow & Chicken
10.00%
Dexter's Lab
20.00%
Ed, Edd N Eddy
0%
Johnny Bravo
10.00%
Power Puff Girls
43.33%
Sheep in the Big City
0%
Time Squad
0%
Two Stupid Dogs
3.33%
Other
6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-01, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious as I like just about all of them but I know certain ones rub people the wrong way. Feel free to elaborate on why you like the one you like the best or to vent on which ones piss you off the most.

My apologies if I missed any. I counted at least 11 of them and there are only 10 spaces on the poll and I wanted to leave one space for other. My apologies to fans of IM Weasel, Mike, Lu & Og or Samurai Jack. I got to that last spot before other and Two Stupid Dogs was a sentimental choice as one of my personal favorites.

Feel free to list yours if it's not listed in the poll.

Last edited by badger1997; 08-11-01 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-11-01, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i like cartoons. i like cartoon network. i just don't really watch any of theirs shows on a regular basis except for toonami and midnite run which really aren't their shows. they seem too ren & stimpy-ish for me. its ok once in a while but not all the time.

but i do like samurai jack.
Old 08-11-01, 08:37 PM

3. Cow & Chicken
2. Johnny Bravo
1. Dexter's Lab

cartoons are wasted on children. some of these shows have been brilliant inventive spoofs, and most kids are unable to appreciate references to 70s pop culture. makes you wonder why the writers bother to put them in. oh well. i enjoy them so prolly shouldn't complain.
Old 08-12-01, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Powerpuff Girls is genius. I love just about everything about it. I love that little girls have such cool superheroines & can fly around their houses pretending to be their favorite. & there is so much action that most boys will watch too. Beautiful simple design & animation style. Near perfect voice casting & mostly great music & sound effects. This is an excellent show for families to watch. Lots of cool references & jokes & it's fun to see how much violence & weird sexuality they can get away with.

I know Dexter's Laboratory is similar & feel I'm probably missing out on some good stuff, but I don't watch it because I can't stand the main characters. I have seen bits of the superheo parody they throw in sometimes & thought that was funny. I don't know how often they've done that.

The character of Johnny Bravo is annoying to me even on commercials so I've never seen an episode but I did recently see part of one with Adam West guest starring & thought it was hilarious. I might have to give that show a try.

I don't think I've seen more than 1 episode of any of the other shows listed.
Old 08-12-01, 05:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wasn't Two Stupid Dogs originally syndicated or on another Turner-owned network?
Old 08-12-01, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I'm pretty sure Two Stupid Dogs was not a Cartoon Network Original... Samurai Jack is too early, but its great. So far, I'd say Powerpuff Girls is the best, with Dexter second. I have a gut feeling that the Justice League cartoon coming out this Fall will leap to the top as a favorite.
Old 08-12-01, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by iaido
I'm pretty sure Two Stupid Dogs was not a Cartoon Network Original...
My bad.
Old 08-12-01, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Johnny Bravo -- man, I caught that when it premiered on the "what a cartoon" show. That stuff is just hilarious. I think one of my favorite episodes is the one: "Welcome to the island of beautiful men." --- ooohh. that's just wrong. ;p

Tuan Jim