Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Clerks: The Animated Series is Coming BACK!!!!!!!

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-01, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just took a look over at IMDB for some Kevin Smith info, and low and behold... http://us.imdb.com/Details?0289900

I don't see a (TV) on it though, so maybe it's an animated movie?

Or maybe I'm just dumb and this has been announced already?
Old 08-06-01, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Kev has said several times that he expects his next theatrical film to be an animated Clerks
Old 08-06-01, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nooga Nooch! *toke*

Smith also alluded to a Clerks animated feature on the commentaries for Clerks: Uncensored DVD.

i didn't know Randal's shackin' up w/ Caitlin fe' real (at least according to imdb)...!
Old 08-06-01, 03:20 PM
Cool New Member

Smith said even before he started production on J & SB Strike Back that his next movie would be an animated Clerks movie probably about Randal & Dante making a black & white independant movie.

I actually think this is a horrible move for Smith as Strike Back in terms of profit, will probably be the most succesfull movie of the year & I as a huge Smith fan but it's time to leave all things Clerks & JAy & Bob behind and show the world that the man can actually do something else.
Old 08-06-01, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by fooze
I actually think this is a horrible move for Smith as Strike Back in terms of profit, will probably be the most succesfull movie of the year & I as a huge Smith fan but it's time to leave all things Clerks & JAy & Bob behind and show the world that the man can actually do something else.
Ummm, Dogma. Chasing Amy. Mallrats. Kevin has not limited himself to the Clerks dynasty. He's already proven he's not a one-film guy. His characters Jay and Silent Bob have become sort of like his trademark. I like the way they show up in his works, even as minor characters. I think he's got plenty of material left to mine from these characters without going stale.

As for Clerks: the Animated Series, that show had little to do with the movie. It exists on its own creative force, so why discard it as a "been there, done that."
Old 08-06-01, 10:18 PM
Needs to provide a working email

Originally posted by fooze

I actually think this is a horrible move for Smith as Strike Back in terms of profit, will probably be the most succesfull movie of the year
Are you kidding me? I expect the movie to crash and burn. The only people that it will appeal to are those who are already familiar with and fans of Kevin Smith movies. And that isn't likely to be too huge of a number. Not "dissing" Smith, as I am one of those fans, but simply facing the facts of the matter.
Old 08-06-01, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Darren Garrison

Are you kidding me? I expect the movie to crash and burn. The only people that it will appeal to are those who are already familiar with and fans of Kevin Smith movies. And that isn't likely to be too huge of a number. Not "dissing" Smith, as I am one of those fans, but simply facing the facts of the matter.
Let's not forget the sheer number of cameos........ that's a pretty big driving force to go see a movie.
Old 08-07-01, 11:27 AM
Cool New Member

Are you kidding ME? Have you seen a movie or put the t.v. on all year. You really think the movie trailer is on T.V. every 5 minutes & attached to P.O.T. A. & Rush hour 2 opening weekend because the studio thinks it will only appeal to Smith fans. And do you realize we just had back to back weekends with both those movies opening with almost $70 million. People are really going to the movies this summer & you can check this thread in a couple of weeks b/c I garaunty it's opening weekend alone will make the movie enough profit to make it one of the most succesful movies of the year, remember Smith makes his movies, this one included for next than nothing. Even if this movie makes $30 million which it will easily as I think Dogma made more than that, it will be a enormous success.
Old 08-07-01, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Plus the fact that it's been testing very well...
Old 08-07-01, 10:52 PM
Needs to provide a working email

I judge "most succesful movie of the year" by total box office take, not the production cost to box office take ratio. And no way will Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back fit into that category. The vast majority of the American public are saying "Jay and who?". They aren't going to get the "in-jokes" and references to other Kevin Smith movies, Clerks: the Animated Series, and press/internet/protest reactions to the movies and the TV show. All they are going to see is another vastly-obscenety laden "dumb guy" film.
Old 08-07-01, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They aren't going to get the "in-jokes" and references to other Kevin Smith movies, Clerks: the Animated Series, and press/internet/protest reactions to the movies and the TV show.
True, many people won't get them. But, people are stupid and will pretend to get them so they seem cooler.

Old 08-08-01, 03:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by seven

True, many people won't get them. But, people are stupid and will pretend to get them so they seem cooler.

LOL - you gotta love honesty!