Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

6 Feet Under episode #8 [spoilers]

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-01, 03:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
6 Feet Under episode #8 [spoilers]

this show rocks! another good episode. i'm really sorry to see Federico go. I really liked him in the show. I still can't see why Nate keeps forgiving Brenda. This episode was whacked with that Aussie guy running around nekkid. If she was my gf, she'd be on the curb by now. I am also kind of wondering why they didn't really talk much about Nate's results on the funeral exam. Maybe they'll go into more depth about that next episode.
Old 07-23-01, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hot damn ... I hate this show. Why? Cuz it's so damn good. When it ends after the obligatory hour, I just sit there staring at the screen wanting more.

das
Old 07-23-01, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great episode a couple of points,
Claire is a great character realistic yet complex ( I guess they all are) she changed during this episode for the better, character development is what T.V should do best and this show does it in spades.

Fredrico knew what Girardi was up to and yet had to take the deal because of his wife, somehow he is going to end up on more episodes I am sure probably betraying Girardi

Nate, Nate, Nate
Too many bong hits my man I loved the writing in this scene (this is the kind of stuff that happens to people)

The relationship between Nate and Brenda is like many I have seen, we will see how they grow and learn from it.
Keep up the good work SFU cast amd crew
Old 07-23-01, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Another awesome episode!
Old 07-23-01, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Oh, I forgot to mention the camera usage during Nate's bong hits was awesome.
Old 07-23-01, 11:13 AM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Originally posted by Deftones17
Oh, I forgot to mention the camera usage during Nate's bong hits was awesome.
It was! Some of the same camera gimicks used in Requiem For A Dream. Really fed us the notion of his paranoia. das Monkey has the same reaction I do each week. Fantastic show. I still place it a notch below Sopranos, but still several notches above any other current TV drama.
Old 07-23-01, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cockodile Dundee - I need to see less of this guy!

Bong Bong Bong! The beyotch Brenda was almost out of there! Nate was seriously funny during those bong hits. I bet he had a strange time wearing that camera harness while acting stoned.

Claire is so naive sometimes. I surprised she didn't rat out the "guide" who was boinking her high schoolmate in the woods.

Mom is caught between two men offering different intangible things to her.

Dave is now getting into prowler mode, on the make in the homosexual community. Love Nate pimping him out for the date.

Frederico will be back, I think HIS loyalty will get the better of him.
Old 07-23-01, 01:26 PM

I thought this last episode was OK. The show is definitely the best on TV. Next week's episode looks fantastic. I actually can hadly wait for next Sunday (pretty weird since it's the end of the weekend!!). The Gay bar scene looks like a good one. )
Old 07-23-01, 09:31 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Another great episode indeed! I don't know what's up with the Aussie guy, but I sure hope he starts wearing pants more often ya know... Other than that, I have no complaints. BTW, the camera work used when Nate was taking bong hits was very clever.
Old 07-24-01, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think it's great David is loosening up. His impression of his dad doing Walter Brennen was hilarious!!!
Running into the ex next week should be interesting.

Is it just me or did Claire and the girl from the nature walk seem to be eyeing each other? Wishful thinking?

I definitely think Frederico will be back in future episodes. This Gilardi thing isn't over yet. I'm hoping that the "jewish lightning" comment from the worker at Gilardi's place comes back to haunt 'ol Nazi boy.
Old 07-26-01, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Loved it. Another excellent episode. I enjoyed it much more than last week's. I thought the last episode focused too much on the dead soldier while this one kept its emphasis on the family members. Some laugh out loud bits, some character development, & some touching moments too. Everyone got a fair amount of time. I found myself identifying with Claire a lot this week. Six Feet Under contains maybe the best representation of high school I've ever seen. The preview for next week looked really good. I hope it delivers. I hate waiting a week!

I've been taping episodes for a friend without cable & I know I'm going to have to warn her about that close-up of the dead woman's head (or lack of)...
Old 07-26-01, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by Lokimok

I've been taping episodes for a friend without cable & I know I'm going to have to warn her about that close-up of the dead woman's head (or lack of)...
No, don't warn her! That was the best part, that it was a jarring cut.