Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Big Brother 2 Discussion Thread

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Big Brother 2 Discussion Thread

Old 07-07-01, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am watching the live feed now and half the guys are talking about how strange it would be to "take it up the butt" and very obscene gay sex talk.

No ofcourse Bunky is still in the closet listening to this!
Old 07-07-01, 04:00 PM

If the show is going to be "sexed" up, we should be able to see what's going on without the network censors for the blue haired crowd. I can't understand why HBO doesn't put on a show like this. It's got to be cheaper than making a dramatic series, and they could show what CBS could not. I think it might be a big boost for HBO, considering it only takes about 5 years in between seasons of the Sporanos.
Old 07-08-01, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts
Am I the only one here who absolutely can't stand the redneck (Kent)? The guy's a bigot, his voice is so annoying I mute the televison and I swear that thing on his face keeps growing. Why didn't Vanilla Ice nominate him for eviction? I don't think I can stand watching the show until he is kicked off.
Old 07-08-01, 11:46 PM

I was really surprised that Kent wasn't voted off either. I really don't think I am going to like any of the people in this group tho. They are all either annoying as hell or very bland. I think they also picked way too many good looking young people. Not very much diversity this time.

Clint
Old 07-09-01, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish Kent had been picked for banishment. What a mean, nasty, little man.
Old 07-09-01, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
If you think Kent is mean, watch the feeds or read the feed transcripts and get a load of what Will, Justin and Mike are saying about all the women on the show behind their backs. Bragging about which one's they could screw and dump, trying to figure out just how they could sexually degrade each one, joking about killing them or shitting on them and spitting on them after sex... Some truly sick stuff is going on, which is--I guess--what CBS wanted? They seem to prefer VILE to BORING...

At any rate, I have no patience for homophobes, but Kent's looking better all the time...
Old 07-10-01, 04:49 AM

Originally posted by adamblast
Some truly sick stuff is going on, which is--I guess--what CBS wanted? They seem to prefer VILE to BORING...
I think you're right, adamblast. After all the complaints about last year's group being too nice and, yes, boring, CBS has apparently decided to go completely in the opposite direction with this group of creeps. After Saturday night's show, I sort of knew how the germ-phobic housemate felt, because I almost wanted to take a hot shower--and I was nowhere near those people. The sleaziness just seemed to ooze right out of the screen. Even most of the attractive people are ugly because of their personas. And of course it's obvious how the network is engineering all of this. You just know that they're planning for maximum fireworks when Bunky's homosexuality is finally revealed to that cretin Kent, and for all sorts of sexual sparks among the housemates(I'd be more worried about social diseases than sparks with this group...blech).

I haven't heard what the ratings have been like for the initial broadcasts, but I'll be curious to see how the new plan works. Cynic that I am, I suspect ratings may improve over last year's installments. Frankly, though, I much preferred nice and boring. At least last year we got Josh's playful little striptease...which, strangely enough, looked completely innocent in comparison to the stuff we're already getting this year.

Bring back Chicken George....all is forgiven! (Well, almost.)
Old 07-10-01, 10:16 AM

Ratings

From the overnight ratings reports I've heard so far, Thursday night had 13 million viewers (but was beaten by Friends and SpyTV) while Saturday had 5 million viewers. I believe the average ratings for Season 1 was around 13 million viewers, so Saturday night was far below that. I may be a bit off in the exact numbers, but I do know that the ratings weren't all that great for the premier and were pretty bad for Saturday's episode.
Old 07-10-01, 01:25 PM

Well the ratings are getting pretty bad.

But I think the show is VERY interesting, especially online.
Much better than last year.
Yes Justin, Mike, and Will are ruthless on the others and talking and scheming behind their back. But atleast they do it in a funny/joking way that is at the very least interesting, and at the same time looks as though it may backfire since EVERYONE knows what they are up to.
Anyone see Kent's and Justin's conversation online last night?
Kent pulled a fast one and "played along" with Justin and the story and went back and told everyone else what they were up to. But at the same time you still don't know what Kent will do, he seems to be playing both sides.

This year is setup so much better and they have to scheme more and make alliances "survivor style". And the HeadofHousehold rules change the dynamics. I think the show would have better ratings if people knew about it, and didn't have to follow to poor season 1.

When Kent was a jerk, that was pure Kent being a jerk with his views. But the rest (Will, Mike, Justin) are just playing the cameras and TRYING to be over dramatic with their comments and actions on PURPOSE, which I think makes the show funny watching how others react!

If you don't have time to watch all day but want good LIVE daily summaries on what ALL conversations and actions took place from online feeds check out: bigbrotherfanclub.com and their discussion board and "live feeds" board.
Old 07-10-01, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by briank
If you don't have time to watch all day but want good LIVE daily summaries on what ALL conversations and actions took place from online feeds check out: bigbrotherfanclub.com and their discussion board and "live feeds" board.
That's why I'm not here as much these days!

The forum population there is a bit naive, but it's still the best place to gab about BB2 and keep up with the latest. See you there, BrianK.
Old 07-10-01, 06:31 PM
Premium Member

Received 690 Likes on 462 Posts
It has sucked every episode so far so why will the next year be any different (IMHO, of course)
Old 07-10-01, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Let's put it this way, I had no ideal Big Brother 2 had begun it's season until I came across this thread.
Old 07-11-01, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts
Well it appears that this version of Big Brother will be much more interesting than last years. I just visited the aforementioned Bigfanclub.com discussion forum and apparently one of the guys put a knife to one of the girls throat and asked her if she would get mad if he killed her.
Old 07-11-01, 01:12 PM

Yeah I saw a few of your posts there Adam!
I am mostly just lurking there and reading though.

WOW HOW ABOUT THE LIVE FEEDS FROM LAST NIGHT?!

Basically in just one night, you have:
Autumn chasing Mike wanting him like crazy.
Then Mike brushing it off, and finally giving in and kissing and asking for a BJ. Then Autumn going CRAZY on him and arguing.
Then tells whole house Mike's "plan" to sleep with her for her "vote" against Nicole. And proud that she "uncovered" him for who he is (meanwhile not saying how she has been falling all over him since day one and Mike actually BRUSHING HER OFF at first, although yes it's true he would "take one for the team").

Then Krista and Justin finally hooking up. And Justin getting warned for misbehaving (threatining Kent, throwing chairs, pissing on wall, etc). Then puts KNIFE TO KRISTA's neck and says he wants to kill her (jokingly). Then called to diary room for that incident and may be kicked out.

Hardy saying he is LEAVING if Justin doesn't get kicked out.

Autumn ruins the challange of not smoking to win a basketball for their court by smoking just because she is mad at Mike for not cuddling and wanting a BJ.

Autumn and Shannon YELLING at each other over the incidents.

Damn interesting folks. REALLY! Although most viewers and readers dislike the "brat pack", they are my favorite. None of this would have happened without them (Will, Mike, Justin, Shannon).
And it would be more boring than last year for sure.

So now the Anti-brat pack group will probably get them out one by one and make it a boring show!?
Old 07-11-01, 05:18 PM

From Yahoo news...

''Big Brother'' contestant kicked off show
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A contestant on the CBS reality series ``Big Brother 2'' was kicked off the show Wednesday after producers saw him acting in a threatening manner toward another ``house guest,'' the network said.

The contestant, identified only as Justin, the muscular 26-year-old bartender and office worker from Bayonne, New Jersey, was expelled after two such incidents, the first of which was ``far less serious'' but generated a warning from producers, CBS said in a statement.

``To ensure the safety of all house guests, intimidation, violence and even the threat of violence will not be tolerated,'' CBS said in a statement.

The network's statement did not disclose details of the incident that prompted the expulsion.

Executive Producer Arnold Shapiro said the well-being of the show's contestants ``will always be our top priority.''

``In our view, Justin's behavior crossed the line of tolerable and acceptable behavior and was a blatant violation of the house rules we established,'' Shapiro said. ``As much as we like Justin, we really had no choice but to expel him from the house.''

The network said Justin's removal would not affect the series' normal ``eviction'' process, in which contestants vote one person off the show every week, with the last person remaining winning $500,000.

``Big Brother 2'' is a somewhat revamped version of the reality show that produced middling ratings last summer. The first episode of the new show, which debuted July 5, attracted 8.2 million viewers, placing it roughly in the middle of the ratings pack for the night.
Old 07-11-01, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
From AP:
Wednesday July 11 5:07 PM ET
'Big Brother' Contestant Kicked Out
By DAVID BAUDER, AP Television Writer

NEW YORK (AP) - A contestant on ``Big Brother'' was evicted from the house Wednesday because he held a knife to a fellow player's throat. The contestant, a 26-year-old bartender named Justin from Bayonne, N.J., was asked to leave after the incident and a three-hour discussion with a psychologist. The CBS reality show, which premiered last week to mediocre ratings, gathers 12 strangers to live together for three months in a California house wired for sound and pictures. The one person who avoids getting voted out by fellow contestants wins a $500,000 prize.
Shortly after midnight, Justin was talking and kissing in the kitchen with Krista, a 28-year-old waitress from Opelousas, La. Without warning, he grabbed a knife, held it to her neck and said, ``Hang on, I'm going to slash your throat. Would you get mad if I just killed you?'' according to CBS. Krista wasn't threatened and Justin later insisted he was only joking, said Arnold Shapiro, the show's executive producer. But since it was the third time Justin had exhibited intimidating behavior and was warned to knock it off, he was gone, Shapiro said.
``We just determined that even though he was telling us that it was his sense of humor and he keeps telling us he's not violent, the fact that he did that is inappropriate behavior,'' he said. ``He crossed the line.'' Previously, Justin was warned about derogatory comments made toward women and after he got into an argument with another contestant about a pillow. He had made no secret that bluster and intimidation were part of his style. Shapiro said the reasons for Justin's departure would be discussed on the show's next edition Thursday night, but he wasn't sure if the tape of the event will be shown. It's also not clear whether Justin will appear to give his side of the story. ``Big Brother'' had 8.2 million viewers for its premiere last week although, like most reality shows, it did well among younger viewers. Shapiro dismissed the thought that Justin's eviction would be good for ratings. ``Whether this is good for the ratings or whether this is good for the show, I haven't given a thought to that,'' he said. ``My mind doesn't work like that. I have a lot of compassion for the other houseguests and for Justin. ... Certainly, I'm not happy about this.''
Old 07-11-01, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
pic

If you want to see a picture of the incident since CBS is not sure if it will show the incident regarding Justin and Krista.

http://www.weliveinthefridge.com
Old 07-12-01, 08:01 PM

All I can say is Autumn and Nicole are PATHETIC.
They really irk me the wrong way.

Now I don't care much about the Brat pack "winning" or anything like that. I think they are funny and atleast interesting to watch.
And I mean this on both ends as in them doing and saying what they do and also watching them squirm when it backfires and thrown in their face. It makes for good tv and internet viewing.

So without them it will be BORING, what will be interesting?
I can be wrong but I doubt itt.

Also everyone in the house still doesn't know about the "knife incident"!
Old 07-13-01, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Autumn - is a total self-involved nitwit who is truly a pathetic weak-willed person.

Krista - is plain stupid.

Shannon - why oh why did she have to hook up with Will? I think she's pretty hot, but her days are numbered now that the Brat pack will be eliminated one by one by the Geriatric Pack.

Nicole just dares people to voter her out, and by being unpleasant to be around, she virtually guarentees to be around (it's the classic Survivor vote-off technique, keep your friends close, but your enemies closer, in order to make you look more "deserving" - too bad Colby was brain-washed by Tina when he was selecting who'd be with him in the final two). Maybe it's good strategyon Nicole's part, time will tell.

Sheryl? - she's out due to her being judged too "likable" by the geriatric pack.

Monica - I can't tell if she's that stupid when she finally "gets" what Kent is trying to convey to her that Sheryl was the more "dangerous" one to keep around - though Monica did vote to boot off Nicole, but that's because she just doesn't like Nicole.

Bunky - sort of a pathetic gay man, just a little too in touch with his feelings to be in that house. I can't tell if he's really that empathetic or just performing for the cameras.

Hardy - he may stick around just by being the steady one. He does give the house some sense of security due to him being in the security/bouncer line of work. Can't say he's a great judge of character though.

Kent - the Archie Bunker of the house. I will rejoice when he's booted. His conversation with Bunky when Bunky came out of the closet to him was just so lame, especially when you compare it to his words to Bunky earlier before Bunky outed himself.

Justin - he's booted. He was a punk, and pretty damn stupid one at that.

Mike - he is toast. He totally screwed up as the 1st head of household. He should have pitted 2 unlikables, like Nicole and Autumn, against each other for the vote.

Will - I'm jealous of him in that he's sleeping with Shannon, but he's also on the way out. If he's as smart as he think he is (and I don't), then he's find a way to last through 6 weeks, but I don't see it happening.

I look forward to when the Geriatric Pack have to turn on each other once they boot out the remaining 3 brat pack members (Shannon, Mike, and Will).
Old 07-13-01, 01:46 PM

Patman,
Don't be too sure about the bratpack one by one.
It looks that way right now, BUT.....

Krista REALLY dislikes Autumn and if she puts two and two together and really wants her out she will nomintate her WITH another of the non-bratpack and she'd be gone.

After that the numbers start decreasing and if BratPack can win one or two heads of household they would be almost good (atleast one or two of them) till the end. Because whoever is left with few numbers would want them (unlikeable) by their side like you suggest with Survivor.

And after watching the live feeds it will be VERY interesting to see what Krista decides as Head Of Household. She still hasn't made up her mind and has to decide in two hours.

And by the way the GUYS won the food challenge. They (plus Krista as HOH) get to eat WELL and girls get PeanutButter and Jelly for a WEEK!
Old 07-13-01, 08:27 PM

Autumn and KENT up for nomination!!!!!

I think it's GREAT.
IRONY at it's finest.
Autumn against the guy who "stole her car".
I hope Kent prevails again since Autumn is such a whiner.
Old 07-14-01, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I thought Krista's choices were brilliant!

Spoiler:
The easy pick is Will and either of the brat pack, but look at what Krista done? She's basically decided to keep her enemies closer so that when one of the brat pack gets HoH, she'll be off their radar since they definitely go by who they want out of the house, and not necessarily who they want around with them to win the money.

I think Kent is a goner, and not a minute too soon, I disliked Kent from the get-go.

Loved watching Will and Shannon sucking up to the rest of the house, man, they must really need the money.
Old 07-15-01, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Indeed smart move by Krista. She knows she doesn't have a huge fan-base inside the "real people" pack so she preferred to basically switch sides. She also picked two people that noone will really miss once they're out. On the other hand, this might attract towards her the unanimous dislike of the remaining "real people" which may put her in trouble later since they are still numerically stronger.
Old 07-16-01, 04:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Will someone please mow Bunky's back and shoulders?
Old 07-16-01, 02:29 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by big whoppa
Will someone please mow Bunky's back and shoulders?
Does that idiot EVER stop crying

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.