The Big Brother 2 Discussion Thread

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Big Brother 2 Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-01, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMO, last year sucked. I saw one or two episodes and couldn't take it. It was poorly conceived and was trying to hard to be like a SURVIVOR or something. No cute chicks either.

At least this year, the girls look better. But w/o nudity or T&A, this show will suck again.

What do you guys think? Or.....you probably could care less to even respond to this thread.
Old 06-29-01, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Well, the house is a lot nicer, and since the show's being created by a different production company now it'll certainly have a different feel. With fewer/longer episodes, perhaps they can edit them better. No AOL tie-in this year, which is a good sign, and no phony studio audience for the live shows.

Who knows whether it'll actually be any good--that mostly depends on the houseguests themselves. They've been announced now, by the way, and the new website is up and running as of today:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother2/

Based on the initial profiles, I'm not too excited. Still, the 24/7 live webcast could easily hook me like last year...
Old 06-29-01, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Let me consult my magic 8-ball ...

"You may count on it"
Old 07-01-01, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by NC-36
Let me consult my magic 8-ball ...

"You may count on it"
definitly a wise 8ball..
how could it not suck?
Old 07-01-01, 07:13 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It will indeed suck, but no show will ever suck like the first.

what were they thinking going for a second season with a show that was one of their lowest rated...
Old 07-02-01, 12:59 PM

'Yes'
Old 07-02-01, 02:54 PM

Originally posted by matta
It will indeed suck, but no show will ever suck like the first.

what were they thinking going for a second season with a show that was one of their lowest rated...
The thing is, it wasn't low rated for a summer series. It was actually considered a ratings success, but obviously a critical bust. If anything got it a 2nd season, it was the ratings alone. Oh, and yes, it probably will suck. But that doesn't mean it won't make for interesting "car crash" viewing. Let's hope these producers get it right this time.
Old 07-02-01, 03:09 PM

Supposedly, sex and nudity (well, as nude as you can get on network TV) will play a part in this year's show. So perhaps it'll suck on a whole other level.
Old 07-02-01, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i say yes
Old 07-02-01, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

well...big bro 1 sucked....so...

big brother 1 was just horrible, almost as bad as A.I. but that's another story...

it was the cheesiest show on television last summer, and i totally lost all respect for julie chen (is that her name?) as a news reporter.

i think big brother 2 will definitely bomb like the first one did.
Old 07-02-01, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I've always thought they should have the cast be almost completely made up of the mentally challenged, light schitzo's, retarded, tourrettes sufferers, and maybe one handsome, young, "perfect" twenty something male or female...It'd give a whole new meaning to concept of Big Brother.
Old 07-02-01, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

forgot to mention...

i forgot to say that the best part of big brother 1 was the fact that someone outsmarted cbs and was flying banners over the house telling the houseguests messages about the outside world. that was one of the only reasons that kept me watching...
Old 07-03-01, 09:35 PM

Here's why Big Brother 2 will suck. They're actually going to make people pay a "subscription fee" to watch the live cams on the web. Good luck, CBS.....

jhhunt
Old 07-03-01, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Five bucks they pull it before five shows.
Old 07-03-01, 11:50 PM

I don't think they'll pull it. It makes money for the network... and what else are they going to air. It's cheap like borsht, as they say.
I just don't get why they are saying they're trying to "sex it up" (my words, not theirs) and a good number of the people they chose are unattractive or involved in serious relationships. Why wouldn't they just stick 12 hot, young, single people in the house? I don't want to watch another 40 year old missing their spouse and kids!

jhunt
Old 07-05-01, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,076 Likes on 651 Posts
Originally posted by zooiiks
Supposedly, sex and nudity (well, as nude as you can get on network TV)
So how much is that? Usually nothing.
Old 07-05-01, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think this year is already better than last after the first eepisode.

I really like some of the new rules like the "Head of Household". It's a catch 22 scenario.
The others try to buddy up to you for the next two days so they aren't picked as one of the two up for banishment.
And on the other side people are jealous of you and the one you pick that doesn't get banished "may" be back for revenge! It makes it a lot smarter game than last year, especially with alliances and such.

I think Kent is already on thin ice for trying the alliance factor a little too soon knowing he was looking thin for taking the car (although I don't blame him for that!).
Old 07-05-01, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Extremely
Old 07-05-01, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That car thing was just ridiculous. That bitchy lady suggests they vote out the person that wins the car, so instantly everyone gets out of the car. wtf. Then when its 2 of them left, the whiney girl gets upset that the guy doesn't give up and just give her the car cause she needs it more, so she gets out and leaves. Holy baby. Bet that was the easiest 20k or so that he ever made, looked like it only took a few hours for him to win it?

Then we got the token homosexual on the show - no reality show can be without a gay person, its the unwritten rule of reality tv. He wants to stay in the closet, yet when he's asked to pick the sexiest person or whatever in the one contest he picks a guy.

Now we just have to wait for the racial tension, Rule #13 of Reality TV is there has to be some kind of racial tension during every series. Real World seemed to prioritize this as the #1 importance this year as the whole first episode was centered around it. Surprisingly only 2 minorities made it on Big Brother this time around (violating Rule #8 - must have a politically correct diverse ethnic makeup of contestants), so we might not get the required tension.
Old 07-06-01, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

After seeing the first episode I think it's safe to say BB2 will be a lot more entertaining than BB1. Not saying much, I know, but the potential is there for a good show.

I think Autumn climbed out of the car after only like 90 minutes. Then she starts saying how Kurt sucks because he's not compassionate. Well boo frickin hoo... if she climbed out of the car after only 90 minutes she obviously didnt want it that bad.

I think the Head of Household thing is brilliant. Do you REALLY want that nice room, when you also are the person with the power to nominate the 2 people? Should make for some interesting scenarios, I hope.

Now we just need to hope that SOMEBODY hooks up in the house

Brian
Old 07-06-01, 06:00 AM
Needs to provide a working email

I thought that it was a total mess. It was like it was edited by putting the film in a blender.
Old 07-06-01, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

it was better than i thought it would be

i actually kinda liked the first episode.

*nicole will be the first person voted out*
Old 07-06-01, 07:50 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Aussie Big Brother is down to 4 Housemates (we call em housemates not houseguests!). one more eviction and thats it !
Old 07-06-01, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Ugh, this is what I get for polishing my shoes and leaving CBS on... It was lame. The whole car contest was dumb, and that girl should be kicking herself not the bigot, redneck (who lives in the same town I and Tina from Survivor2 do, insert sarcastic, 'hooray!') for getting out of the car- its a contest, not a charity. I dont really like any of them, especially since they all embraced the "Party Guy" who looks and acts like a leftover from Snowballs, Up the Creek, Fraternity Vacation, ect. I gave the last one a chance and probably lost two to three hours of my life. Brother 2 wont get any more of my time.
Old 07-06-01, 07:45 PM
Cool New Member

I swear, all the contestants came from gold's gym. What ever happened to having a diverse cast?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.