Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Request For The Complete DirecTV Channel Line-Up - Including The Hidden Channels ...

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Request For The Complete DirecTV Channel Line-Up - Including The Hidden Channels ...

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-01, 12:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If anyone knows of a website that carries this information, please provide a link. I have searched through such portals as Yahoo! and Google to no avail. Thanks in advance ...
Old 06-21-01, 01:48 PM
My Generosity Is Legendary

If nobody is able to answer you here, you could try asking at dbsforums.com in the forums section. Whenever I've had a DBS question it's been answered there, or I've at least been pointed in the right direction.
Old 06-22-01, 03:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
What hidden channels? i've never heard of anything like this before. Does DISH have something like this?

On an unrelated note, has the DISH buyout of DIRECTV completely gone sour yet or is it still possible?

BothanSpy
Old 06-22-01, 02:29 PM

Originally posted by bothanspy
What hidden channels? i've never heard of anything like this before. Does DISH have something like this?

On an unrelated note, has the DISH buyout of DIRECTV completely gone sour yet or is it still possible?

BothanSpy
Hidden channels are nothing more then stations that Echostar or Direct are in negotiations with. Once the contract is signed-it stops being hidden. For example on DISH, HBO comedy was a hidden channel, as were most of the DISH 500 channels. If you search around in hack groups and such you can find ways to watch them. If you have a dishplayer there's a way to veiw the EPG with the hidden channels by unplugging it or something.
As far as Hughes and Echostar merging, who knows. Watch Bloomburg in the morning you get 1 thing, read the net at night-get another, flip on CNNFN and you'll get a third story. I'm still wondering what is going on with the superstations, and when it's happening.

(Edited to add): The hidden channels also allow them to check quality, and test things out like HDTV, and DD stations.

[Edited by Pac-Rat on 06-22-01 at 12:56 PM]
Old 06-22-01, 04:28 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Pac-Rat
Hidden channels are nothing more then stations that Echostar or Direct are in negotiations with. Once the contract is signed-it stops being hidden.
True. But, you left out one group. Local channels from 865-999 - on DirecTV. I'm just curious to know what else is available that DirecTV is blocking my access to.
Old 06-22-01, 04:57 PM

Originally posted by Soup Nazi
Hidden channels are nothing more then stations that Echostar or Direct are in negotiations with. Once the contract is signed-it stops being hidden.
True. But, you left out one group. Local channels from 865-999 - on DirecTV. I'm just curious to know what else is available that DirecTV is blocking my access to.
OOPS! Forgot about those.
Old 06-22-01, 04:59 PM
Banned

So, do you know where I can find a listing of them? I tried to register on the DBS Forum, but I received a message saying that they weren't accepting any new members for the time being ...

Old 06-22-01, 05:33 PM

So, do you know where I can find a listing of them? I tried to register on the DBS Forum, but I received a message saying that they weren't accepting any new members for the time being ...

You can find locals out of you area at online guides like clicktv.com(have to register) but other then that I don't know. Newsgroups like alt.dbs.echostar used to be good sources for Dish people, but I don't know about Direct. It's become harder to find out inside items and hacking tips, with everyone being paranoid about being watched.
Sorry I couldn't be more help.

As far as the message you got from dbsforums.com, I'm not sure what's up with that, although I do know they're "closed for the weekend".
Old 06-22-01, 06:33 PM

bothanspy

This might be of interest to you:
http://echostar.swiki.net/52
Change the 52 to 1 for the homepage.
Old 06-23-01, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
bothanspy

This might be of interest to you:
http://echostar.swiki.net/52
Change the 52 to 1 for the homepage.
That is pretty cool. Now I'm off to figure out how to view them. Thanks.

BSPY