Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Big Brother 2?Anybody heard anytthing about this show?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 2?Anybody heard anytthing about this show?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-01, 09:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been seeing ads for "Big Brother 2" on CBS a lot lately.I thought with it's(the first US Big Brother) dismal ratings, they would given up on this show. I found the first "Big Brother" to be very boring.I know that in Europe the Big Brother show has nudity ,swearing etc. Is the US not ready for swearing ,nudity etc? Is anybody hoing to watch the second season of "Big Brother"?

Anybody heard anything about this show from "Enterainment Tonight" or "Access Hollywood"? Any clue on who the people will be ? Do you think it's ratings will be as bad they were last summer?
Old 06-19-01, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I liked the first season, mainly because of the cool webcams that you could watch live 24 hours a day. I hope this season has the same thing.
Old 06-19-01, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've heard of 2 differences between Big Brother and Big Brother 2.

1. The housemates will vote people off instead of the general public. CBS is hoping that will keep more interesting people at the house.

2. The challenges will be harder than last year. What this means I don't know.

I will watch it to see what happens and see if it is more interesting than last years
Old 06-19-01, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
While the TV show itself was pretty dismal, Big Brother was one of the most interesting things to happen on the web last summer, due to the 24hr high-quality streams and the variety of forums and message boards which popped up to discuss it in realtime...

If they do better with the casting this year (How could they do worse?!) it should be fun, though I'm hoping not to get too caught up in it...
Old 06-20-01, 07:07 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

The whole public voting the house members off was stupid to begin with.

The whole thing with "chicken mans" wife getting together a voting campaign to vote off the guests one by one until her husband was left was bound to happen.

Though, with the housemates voting each other off, its still a popularity contest, but at least its a little more stategic.

I too will watch the show to see if they do better then last year.
Old 06-20-01, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I personally thought the show was going to be much better. The main reason I believe the show sucked was because the HOST was terrible. She was boring and uneventful.

I found her the most annoying of them all. The cast was boring and it was on tv too much. Way too much. Different times and it was too sporatic.

The reason the others have done well in Europe is because US televison will rather show you heads getting chopped off then a part of someone's breast.
Old 06-20-01, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

from what i heard the ratings sucked compared to Survivor but it still had better ratings than a rerun would have pulled.
Old 06-20-01, 12:55 PM

Here's what's slated for Big Brother 2:

*12 houseguests instead of 10
*Contestants vote each other out instead of the audience voting
*Challenges will be played for swankier prizes, including immunity from being voted out
*Nicer house furnishings... no more Ikea
*Three one-hour episodes per week, one of which will be live
*Julie Chen will still be the host (ugh), but there will be no studio audience
Old 06-20-01, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by Bobubott
Here's what's slated for Big Brother 2:

*12 houseguests instead of 10
*Contestants vote each other out instead of the audience voting
*Challenges will be played for swankier prizes, including immunity from being voted out
*Nicer house furnishings... no more Ikea
*Three one-hour episodes per week, one of which will be live
*Julie Chen will still be the host (ugh), but there will be no studio audience
Just tell me there will be no AOL representative, and all is forgiven.
Old 06-20-01, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

[/B][/QUOTE]Just tell me there will be no AOL representative, and all is forgiven. [/B][/QUOTE]

LMAO!
Old 06-20-01, 08:18 PM

Originally posted by adamblast
Just tell me there will be no AOL representative, and all is forgiven. [/B]
The message boards have been FLOODED!!
Old 06-20-01, 09:55 PM
Needs to provide a working email

At least the original Big Brother catapulted Jamie "Hollywood" Kern to the fame and fortune she felt herself due. Oh, wait, it didn't. :-)

Old 06-20-01, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Darren Garrison
At least the original Big Brother catapulted Jamie "Hollywood" Kern to the fame and fortune she felt herself due. Oh, wait, it didn't. :-)

This that's what I LOVED about the show (more so the internet board messages and the live video).
How these folks thought they would be the next BIG THING in Hollywood and everything. It was great watching them actively think something without having contact with the outside with the opposite really happening!!!

And I loved the interference from the outside with the banners being flown and stuff with lies and creating controversy. It was great if you followed the whole soap opera scoop online.

But the show itself on CBS was VERY LACKING and became VERY boring and didn't show the interesting parts (and probably didn't have time to explain some of the developments) from online. And the average american viewer was just bored by it all.
So hopefully they'll make some needed adjustments to make it intersting all around.

Also the PUBLIC was STUPID for voting out the wrong people.
Would have been a totally different show if you kept the people like Will and Jordan around! Overseas they had the idea of kicking the boring people out and keeping the "fighters" and "instigators" in!
Old 06-21-01, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,076 Likes on 651 Posts
The only way this show would be a hit is if they have an uncensored shower cam & an uncensored bedroom cam.

Of course it would never happen but once a regular network or cable channel gets the balls to do something like that, can you imagine the ratings! Through the roof...
Old 06-21-01, 09:46 PM
Needs to provide a working email

Originally posted by brianluvdvd
The only way this show would be a hit is if they have an uncensored shower cam & an uncensored bedroom cam.

Of course it would never happen but once a regular network or cable channel gets the balls to do something like that, can you imagine the ratings! Through the roof...
Oh, yeah. I'm sure that there were TONS of people who would have wanted to see "Brit", Karen, or Cassandra nude.
Old 06-21-01, 10:16 PM

They should make this a web-only event with ONE weekly episode to catch everyone up - maybe later at night or something. The streams online were the only interesting thing about it. If you watched them, you saw only boring recap on the tele.

They need sex and fights big time to make it interesting - just like the original European versions.
Old 06-22-01, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,076 Likes on 651 Posts
Originally posted by Darren Garrison
Originally posted by brianluvdvd

Oh, yeah. I'm sure that there were TONS of people who would have wanted to see "Brit", Karen, or Cassandra nude.
C'mon guy, you know you would watch...