Six Feet Under ep. #3 [spoilers]

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Six Feet Under ep. #3 [spoilers]

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-01, 09:52 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Figured I'd start the weekly SFU thread. Anyone catch this episode on Sunday night. This is turning out to be my favorite show now.
Spoiler:
It had several funny parts. It was impressive how they could have an hour-long show revolve around a missing foot. The funniest part of the episode was when Keith the cop was talking to the foot fetish high school kid while David was sitting in the passenger seet of his cop car. The kid asked who that 'guy' was and Keith said, "He's in to some crazy ****. You should be glad you don't have to mess with him." It is very funny when you know what type of character David is.

Anyway, post your comments about this show. I'd like to hear what you all think.
Old 06-18-01, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spoiler is implied ... not going to use it.

I really enjoyed it. Like all HBO shows, the character development is incredible, and having such a phenomenal actress like Rachel Griffiths in the background just elevates the show. I miss the commercials they had in the first episode, but I guess you can't do 4 of those every week. I'm not hooked on it yet, but it is definitely on my TV calendar.

das
Old 06-18-01, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I really like how they are developing the opening scene as a death of someone who will figure into the funeral parlor's plot. Very creative structure for each episode.

So who does everyone think set the fire? I think either Brenda or Claire are strong possibilities.
Old 06-18-01, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it was the mother
Old 06-18-01, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The idea of Brenda lighting it up presents some interesting storylines ... who called her, and what problems is she facing?

das
Old 06-18-01, 01:40 PM

The girl set the fire. I am almost positive of this. After she was asking Keith what he sees in David, he said David was under a lot of stress because of the cremation place that was moving in across the street. The look on her face after hearing that news said it all.
Old 06-18-01, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm guessing David, just because it's unexpected. And I don't know whether it's the writing or the acting, but #3 seemed so lackluster in terms of plot. Not that I'm saying it was bad, it was good (I jumped when the dough mixer got turned on, even though I knew that would happen). It just seems different from the past two episodes. I know I shouldn't be a critic, because I can't explain why
Old 06-19-01, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My bet is on Brenda as the firestarter. That girl has some serious problems and I think she's married/separated. Claire's nonchalant attitude toward the house burning is a red herring I think.
Old 06-19-01, 10:44 AM

Originally posted by AgtFox
My bet is on Brenda as the firestarter. That girl has some serious problems and I think she's married/separated. Claire's nonchalant attitude toward the house burning is a red herring I think.
You very well could be right. Can't wait 'til next week's ep. to find out.
Old 06-20-01, 01:38 AM

I was thinking the same thing about Brenda being married/separated. The idea that Claire's attitude about the fire being a red herring is interesting...could be an interesting twist.

I also liked that Keith explained what he saw in David. Like Claire said, I wish the audience knew the David that Keith knows.

I'm really enjoying this show as well.

J
Old 06-20-01, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've thought of Brenda as married/separated since the first episode. I think she went to her parent's house to get away from her husband and whatever he did to her. I still think Brenda set the fire though, I think she truly is in love with Nate and would do anything for him...he's easy to latch onto for her, maybe because he is a lot like her husband.
Old 06-23-01, 05:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i am glad to see that actually other people are liking the show ... i have big time problems putting my finger on WHAT i like about it ... and i can usually not do the whole hour in one sitting ... but just like american beauty (or "the sims) .. you get drawn in just watching and wondering what happens next ... plus: it looks dang nice ... and after only 3 eps i really care for the characters .. (not that i have all the names down yet)

can someone tell me why they refer to that Kronos (sp) guy as a "nazi" all the time ? just because he is blond ?

P
Old 06-23-01, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think they refer to the Kroehner guy as a Nazi because he's a part of a corporation that takes down smaller businesses using dirty tactics to absorb them into their larger business empire.
Old 06-23-01, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

is it really "kroehner" ? i never got to read that ..

that would make more sense, swince the name looks very german .. he may just really refer to him as Nazi because maybe the whole Kroehner thing is german ... (and of course the above mentioned methods)
Old 06-23-01, 09:10 PM

So is this funeral home they're running gonna be sued any time soon? The plots every week consistently drop open lawsuits in their lap, the re-used casket, dog retrieving the foot even though they told that family "he's all there", etc.

With momma spending cash like it's water, and being generally psychotic I wouldn't be shocked to see a hefty lawsuit before episode #10. You guys are also right about Claire having some "not so good history" we aren't seeing.