Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Thread for Witchblade Discussion and Spoilers

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Thread for Witchblade Discussion and Spoilers

Old 06-14-01, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think this show might deserve it's own thread. I enjoyed what I have seen so far.
Old 06-14-01, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm in. I happen to think that she's attractive and sexy and if I were a guy.... Well, you can figure out the rest.

The only one I feel was poorly cast was Nottingham. Just doesn't even compare to the comic. With her they did the best they could. They could have done worse. Nottingham just doesn't even impress me.
Old 06-15-01, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

For those who are reading this you can see some spoilers and plot summaries in this thread:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=112293
Old 06-15-01, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Granted I know NOTHING about the comic, but the show looks pretty cool. The F/X are decent (especially for a TV show), and the actors seem to be doing fine thus far. I think Yancy is pretty good lookin' myself. As a male, I have to say...mmmm....yummy!

Oh yeah, for those that want more info:

http://www.witchbladetv.com

[Edited by valkyrie on 06-15-01 at 11:25 AM]
Old 06-19-01, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Reminder Witchblade on Tonight. I am going to the Met game tonight. So please let me know how it was.
Old 06-19-01, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's on again at 11:00. That's when I tape it. You might want to do the same.

Mets? Everyone knows the Yankees rule....
Old 06-19-01, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah, it's cool when the show is on twice in an evening. I really like it when Sci-fi does stuff like the recent Dune showings (twice a night and then once on the weekend). Tonight's Witchblade looks pretty cool, I'll be checking it out.

- Valk

BTW - Boy, who would have thought you both could be wrong? The MARINERS are clearly the best! (And for once, I don't even have to pretend!) :P
Old 06-19-01, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Old 06-20-01, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Old 06-21-01, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Can anyone give me a plot synopsis of last week as my Replay decided I didn't need to watch the show (and deleted it for me). Grrr...

Thanks.
Old 06-21-01, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Crap, I've been so busy with work, that I haven't even watched a single episode yet...
Old 06-22-01, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So did ANYONE watch last week's episode or what?

Old 08-05-01, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Okay, time to ressurrect this thread from the depths. I actually got caught up on the show when TNT did their weekend marathon 3 or 4 weekends back, and since then, I have been pretty happy with what they've done with the show. Things are really starting to heat up, but I've heard rumors that the show might get the axe.

Anyone heard anything about this? I know scifi.com mentioned a petition and mailing support where people are sending "Pez"candy to the execs in Atlanta to let them know they want the show to continue. I don't know whehter this was pre-emtive or whether the show was really on the chopping block.
Old 08-05-01, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Aren't the ads saying something like "only 3 more new shows left"? That sounds like the end unless they mean only three more left for the season, but if that were the case I think that's what they'd say.

I like it too without ever having read the comic book. If this is the end I hope they at least give us a good ending.
Old 08-24-01, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Here's the latest word:

"Witchblade (TV): The Hollywood Reporter indicates that TNT has renewed the Yancy Butler-led series for a 13-episode second season at $1 million per episode."

Sounds good for those of you who may be fans. I personally have enjoyed the series, I think I'll check out a few next season.

Old 08-27-01, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I finally got around to watching the final episode of Witchblade for this season last night, and I couldn't believe the cop-out at the end! Ugh!
Old 09-03-01, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Patman
I finally got around to watching the final episode of Witchblade for this season last night, and I couldn't believe the cop-out at the end! Ugh!
I just watched the last 6 episodes over this past week, and couldn't disagree more. I LOVED the last episode. I was furious at first
Spoiler:
because I liked nottingham, jake and especially Gabriel, so I was CRUSHED when they died. But I was totally riveted by the story. I've never read the comics, but might have to now as I'm totally curious about the origins/powers/etc. of the blade. When Sara rewound time and set things back to (sort of) where they were at the beginning of the season, I was stunned. Then thrilled. Then totally excited about next season. This time she can do it "right" and the people she loves (woo-hoo, Conchabar!!!) can come back and live this time.

I don't think it's a cop out at all. On the contrary, I'd be disappointed if they didn't play with time, seeing as how they've been alluding to its fluidity for a while now. In any case, it in no way diminishes the first season or our emotions/time invested in watching the show. The opposite is true for me - it totally involved me and at the same time gives me hope that the people I cared so much about won't die next time around.

I can't wait until next June - wish they'd make more sooner! And now I need tnt to run another marathon (missed the first one a couple of weeks ago) so I can record them all in a row. Half a season scattered amongst all of the other shows I record and watch later does me no good.
Old 09-03-01, 10:06 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by elektra
I'm in. I happen to think that she's attractive and sexy and if I were a guy....
umm no.