Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Boston Public Season Finale - did they cheat us?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Boston Public Season Finale - did they cheat us?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-01, 07:55 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Trelach24
Originally posted by immortal_zeus
Spoiler of season finale

There wasn't even a gun shot in the season finale. That's lame how they made last week's episode look like Lauren shot the guy...it kind of pisses me off that there was a gunshot in last week's preview of the season finale and there wasn't even a gunshot in the finale. That's like totally false advertising. I wouldn't have minded if the gunshot related to something else...just as long as they had a damn gunshot!
That's what Fox does with all its shows! Like on Boot Camp they showed an explosion and said something like "when something goes wrong, one squad member will pay the ultimate price!" Yeah, the 'ultimate price' was getting voted out!
Ya. I called bullsh*t on this one too as the credits closed. Their worst show in the series. I like to be fooled BUT NOT CHEATED. Fool me with plot twists and twists within twists...but don't show me a gun shot that NEVER HAPPENS. That's what I call a Scooby Doo Ending (where you either could have never guessed who the killer is 'cause they weren't even in the episode until the killer was announced OR one that you know who the killer is immediately 'cause they're the only other character in the episode.

Lame.

They're getting rid of so many good student characters. The girl with the web site. The girl who was banging her teacher. They already killed off the Blob.
Old 05-22-01, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
There's nothing else you can say. They showed a freaking GUNSHOT in the preview last week. Where was the gunshot? They might as well have said "Watch Boston Public next week to see who gets shot!"

But what do you expect from FOX?
Old 05-22-01, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

in the simpsons commercial they show Babe kicking Paul Bunyan and they had it at teh end of the show too (credits) but was it ever in the show?
Old 05-22-01, 12:21 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Venusian
in the simpsons commercial they show Babe kicking Paul Bunyan and they had it at teh end of the show too (credits) but was it ever in the show?
No.

I noticed this too. And that was kind of a cool thing to see.

It doesn't bother me when movie trailors do this either (because they are still in the process of editing, etc.)

but to fool you into thinking something happens by showing it actually happening, and then it never does happen, that's a jip. they played it out like "next time on Boston Public" and then in the very last frame you see a gun and hear a gun shot...so they were trying to build up the suspense that someone got shot or killed. And then it never even happened.

it would be kind of like showing JR of the old "Dallas" TV show getting shot in one episode. then trying to build up the suspense of "who shot JR?". then in the very next episode, all of the sudden JR was never shot and they never explain it.

even soap operas aren't that bad. Well wait a minute, yes they are.
Old 05-22-01, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

is the season finale worth watching (i have it on TIVO) or should i just wait and get a summary from one of yall?
Old 05-22-01, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Venusian
is the season finale worth watching (i have it on TIVO) or should i just wait and get a summary from one of yall?
You might as well watch it...I thought it was pretty good overall. My only qualm was with the gunshot thing.
Old 05-22-01, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought the season finale was a bit lame - it was a good episode, but nothing really special from any other episode. Maybe I'm just used to big-bang season finales that leave cliffhangers for next season, but this one really didn't seem to do much. That one girl singing was kind of annoying too. The only revelation it made was whats going on with Jeremy's mom, but that was so blatantly obvious you don't need to see the final episode to know what happened.
Old 05-24-01, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was surprised by the mother part... I figured that she was dead. Now knowing what did happen to her I feel better, cuz that is much better than death. Screw her!