DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Hot damn! That ER ending was great! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/109427-hot-damn-er-ending-great.html)

dek 05-18-01 01:32 AM

Spoiler:
Wow! As soon as everyone left the elevator I knew it was curtains for that mofo. Too bad they couldn't have brought back Clooney for this episode to do it to that child beating prick :D

THX 1138 05-18-01 01:52 AM

ER is still on the air?

El Scorcho 05-18-01 01:55 AM

That was one seriously intense episode.
Spoiler:
Although we all knew that what Mark did was immoral, we still all loved it the same. I wonder what is going to happen to the chick with the Aids scare. Guess we'll wait till next season.

RandyC 05-18-01 02:05 AM

First.... THX 1138, again you chime into a thread only to make a snide comment. Do you have a point?

Second,

I had a hard time with the idea...that some guy that created one of the most horrific crimes in the USA, who shot and killed scads of people...who was the subject of a huge manhunt....who wanted Dr. Green dead most of all:

1) DID NOT HAVE A POLICE OFFICER NEAR AT ALL TIMES IN THE HOSPITAL??? WTF????

2) THEY LET DR. GREEN BE THE PHYSICIAN??? WTF?

This part of the plot was too much for me, for an otherwise good episode.

[Edited by randyc on 05-18-01 at 12:10 AM]

dek 05-18-01 02:10 AM

I don't think they had a P.O. with him due to the fact there were multiple gunshot victims coming in left and right. Seemed like massive chaos in the building, plus the one cop in the room said "5 shots to the chest and no major arteries hit?!?!" Seemed like they wanted him dead too :D Great episode though, makes me wish I would have taped it :)

RandyC 05-18-01 02:11 AM

Originally posted by dek
I don't think they had a P.O. with him due to the fact there were multiple gunshot victims coming in left and right. Seemed like massive chaos in the building, plus the one cop in the room said "5 shots to the chest and no major arteries hit?!?!" Seemed like they wanted him dead too :D Great episode though, makes me wish I would have taped it :)
It's on TiVo. :)

I just kept thinking in a real world, there would 3-4 cops surrounding him at all times...didn't they watch Silence of the Lambs?

dek 05-18-01 02:21 AM

True, but most of the police force was out looking for him and the ones in the hospital were scarce. Kinda reminded me of this episode I saw on TNT the other day where this cop was beating his wife and Benton complained to some police force. The police office ended up beating him up/breaking his jaw/etc but said "He was chasing a suspect and fell down a flight of stairs" :D Vigilante justice at its finest :)

smokedragon 05-18-01 03:48 AM

Spoiler<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>Did the SOB die?or was he on his way out??I think he was dying.Probably next season the elevator door will open and Greene will HAVE to use the paddles to save the ****.

dek 05-18-01 07:42 AM

Spoiler:
I don't think he died, yet. Next season he probably will have a change of heart and really shock him back:( It was beautiful watching Greene hold the paddles up and hit shock while the man sat there and just watched him :D

ClarkKentKY 05-18-01 11:46 AM

*SPOILERS* *STOP READING NOW* *I MEAN IT*

Well i was going to sound off in the other general ER forum i made a couple weeks ago, but i didn't want to risk some west coaster spoiling it for himself in spite of spoiler tags.

Randy i see your point about the cops, but as far as why.. Dr. Green was the attendant, its possible. There were so many things going on. As for the elevator thing, with Hela going "oh i forgot.. my.. uh... yeah.." It just seemed kinda cheesey, but also very possible. Its not like i'm seeing that going "oh my god, this is fake!"

There's alot of different possibilities for the opening of next season. But in any case, he had a heart monitor going, and the shocks were going straight in the air.. meaning it wasn't shocking his heart, interupting the rythym... meaning, there is a record of Mark shocking, but evidence it never touched the patient. Also there would be physical evidence on the man's chest.

This might be the way Dr Greene will finally exit. I see questions being asked, and too much evidence mounting. (which proves my theory about last night wrong. I thought dr greene was going to be shot)

Another possibility is that the elevator opens while the guy is still alive. Either way, look for a formal inquiry and in my opinion, the exodus of anthony edwards around mid season. (this will also open up another attending position which would allow for carter to be promoted)

dhmac 05-18-01 01:14 PM

Originally posted by smokedragon
Spoiler
Spoiler:
Did the SOB die?or was he on his way out??I think he was dying.Probably next season the elevator door will open and Greene will HAVE to use the paddles to save the ****.

Didn't Mark...
Spoiler:

...push the STOP button for the elevator? So I think Dr. Greene is going to wait until the SOB dies before allowing the elevator to continue to their floor. Of course, at that point, someone could bring him back with the paddles.

kvrdave 05-18-01 01:20 PM

I thought it was interesting that Carter and Chen (sp?) were against the jogger having the gun. I thought it was a pretty good point that this psycho would have killed more if it weren't for the jogger.

Jeraden 05-18-01 01:28 PM

I missed the episode, can someone recap what went on... these spoilers don't make much sense if you don't know what happened.

suziq999 05-18-01 01:39 PM

ditto... i missed it... :(

ClarkKentKY 05-18-01 02:42 PM

*WARNING COMPLETE EPISODE SYNOPSIS*
*SPOILER*

Okay... On the last episode of ER Dr Green had seen a little boy about 9 or 10, and he had signs of physical abuse. He calls down for Social to check on the boy, and they confirm the signs of abuse, and take the boy into foster care. The father freaks out and blames green. classic "i'll get you and your little dog too!"

On the finale ER We open to the ER and there are multiple GSW's coming in from a foster care facility, eventually we learn that it is the same man who threatened green last week. He's trying to find his son, and destroy the people who took him. He shoots the social worker that advised green on the case. And wounds "18 or 19, 8 possibly 9 dead" As romano said.

Speaking of romano he fires Dr Lagaspi, carry's special friend. Carry and her are still on the outs, but carry comes to her defense, and eventually screams at romano "i'm a lesbian" and threatens legal action if legaspi or herslf is fired.

Carter tells abby that he's sick of hearing about her relationship problems with luca, because its obvious that carter cares for abby, and is waiting for luca and her to end. Abby claims ignorance on the issue.

Back to the ER, Clhoe pricks herself with aids infected blood from a broken peice of glass, and cuts through her glove and skin.

Meanwhile Maluci only has one line the whole episode *yawn*

Police check Dr. Green's house and they can't find corday or the baby, later we find out she is elsewhere and safe. A cabby comes in shot and tells the cops in the ER that the fare wanted to go to dr green's address. The cabby heard over the radio that the cops were checking that address out, asked a question, and the looney in the back seat shot the cabby.

Eventually a jogger takes the psyco down with a gunshot to the chest after he saw him attack some innocents in the park. The man is brought in and Dr green oversees. They stabilize him and take him to the elevator. Hela says she forgets the chart, or soemthing and hops off right as the doors close. About a floor up the patient (psyco) gets tacky and starts to fib. Green charges the paddles, and then gets a look on his face. Blank sort of. Hits the stop elevator button, and shocks the air... charges again.. shocks the air.. charges again, shocks the air... We see the patient get wide eyed, as he realizes what mark is doing. Close up on Mark's face. Shock the air again. *fade to black*

[Edited by ClarkKentKY on 05-18-01 at 12:45 PM]

IamFlip 05-18-01 03:02 PM

ClarkKentKY, you forgot about the gunman's neighbor. :)

ClarkKentKY 05-18-01 03:10 PM

Oh yeah, whoops...
And the gunmans neighbor. hahaha. And like 20 other people.

And benton got punched by Jackie's husband. Big whoop. Frankly i'm bored with benton right now. They seriously need to breath some life back into him.

ktan1 05-18-01 04:24 PM

damn, sounds like a great episode. where's the reruns going to be for this season? TNT and ABC late night? will nbc run it during summer break?

ClarkKentKY 05-18-01 04:53 PM

Takes a year or two for syndication. The best bet is NBC will rerun the season over the summer. So more than likely you can catch this before the season opener.

MvRojo 05-18-01 05:23 PM

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
*SPOILERS* *STOP READING NOW* *I MEAN IT*

This might be the way Dr Greene will finally exit. I see questions being asked, and too much evidence mounting. (which proves my theory about last night wrong. I thought dr greene was going to be shot)

Another possibility is that the elevator opens while the guy is still alive. Either way, look for a formal inquiry and in my opinion, the exodus of anthony edwards around mid season.

The thing is that NBC announced this week that the entire cast would be there for the entire season. So, I'm not sure how he's gonna leave, but there are only two options.

He either has to die, leaving behind his wife and child, or he has to leave somehow, with his wife and child. So, my point is that Elizabeth either has to leave the show too or he has to die, so I think he might die at some point.

Matt

ClarkKentKY 05-18-01 06:34 PM

See thats why i was betting on him getting shot last night. Cause the teaser from two weeks ago jsut said his family was in danger, not him. So i thought that would be the perfect mislead/tease to then have him shot as the cliffahnger. But.. i was wrong.

Another option which i dont' think we've explored is how elizabeth would feel about what he did. Also criminal charges could be brought against him. He could lose his license. We've seen behavioral differences in him too that we have to be ready to perhaps be exploited next year. I dont' think elizabeth corday (i dont' knwo her name) has expressed any want to leave the show, so i'm bracing myself for scenario's that would have mark leave and still leave her around. But i think with the way ER has gone he needs to be KILLED off... It sucked when george clooney left cause you're jsut left with questions, and then the character is never discussed again. The death of mark would lead to great story angles for at least a half a season. And also allow for corday to stay as part of the cast. Its all guesswork right now, but it should be very interesting next season.

cartman 05-18-01 09:53 PM

I've not watched an episode of ER in about 2 years, and decided to yesterday just for the heck of it. Goodness gracious me, it was good! The whole Carter explaining how perfect it is for that woman he likes (don't remember her name) and horrible for him is the EXACT conversation I had with someone recently. Anyway, I may have to start watching again.

badger1997 05-18-01 11:46 PM

Originally posted by kvrdave
I thought it was interesting that Carter and Chen (sp?) were against the jogger having the gun. I thought it was a pretty good point that this psycho would have killed more if it weren't for the jogger.
What's to differentiate one psycho with a gun from another? What if the jogger had taken out some bystanders trying to take down the bad guy? Does it make it any better if he kills some people accidentally because he's trying to do good? But then again, I guess some people feel the world would be a better place if we all packed heat. :(

ClarkKentKY 05-19-01 12:26 AM

Thats almost exactly what carter said. Just all depends on your point of view. I think the reason why it was so frowned upon is because this jogger seemed less than heroic. Almost as if he had an immaturity to him that made you not want him to have the gun. But didn't it seem kind of pointless to even point all this out in the episode? They spent a good minute on soemthign which could be lifted out and not be missed at all. I kept expecting to see this character or situation come up again, but before i knew it the episode was over.

Kind of reminds me of something...mmmm...
*Doodlido doodlido doodlido*

Wayne Campbell: Excuse me, what are you guys doing here in the middle of the street?
Chicken-man: Well, I'm putting these chickens in crates, and stacking them right here. Jim's job is to make sure we always have plenty of watermelons.
Wayne Campbell: Oh, so you're selling watermelons.
Jim: No, no sir. We just have to make sure we have plenty of them stacked at all times, just like with these here chickens.
Garth Algar: What do these guys do?
Chicken-man: Well, their job is to walk back and forth with this big plate-glass window every couple of minutes.
Garth Algar: Weird.
Wayne Campbell: Yeah, you've got to wonder if this is gonna pay off later on.

mikehunt 05-20-01 02:13 AM

it was such an anti-gun episode that I almost puked. They made the good guy look like a nut job. If more law abiding citizens had been armed the bad guy would have been stopped much sooner. It'll be funny to see what happens to green, especially since they didn't show the guy actually die.