DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   the west wing season finale 5/16 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/109038-west-wing-season-finale-5-16-a.html)

kevin75 05-16-01 04:41 PM

man, i cannot wait for this show tonight!!! the only bad part is that after this episode we will have to wait til the fall for the next new one. :( oh well, at least i have them all on tape to watch over the summer.

kevin75 05-16-01 09:07 PM

sorkin rules!!!!! just when i thought that he couldn't top last week's show, he manages to do just that. judging from the responses to my thread there aren't many west wing fans out there. oh well, ya'll are missing out on the best show on tv. really.

adamblast 05-16-01 09:43 PM

I think it's a great show... But it won't be on for another 90 minutes here! Can't wait!

I note that someone in a Sopranos thread recommended the forums over at mightybigtv, and I just checked them out... Looks like they've got a good WestWing sub-section going, too...

Spicollidriver1 05-16-01 09:49 PM

Acutally I think this show has a pretty good following here they just might not be here. I thought this was a great episode the church scene alone was enough.

TechPrep 05-16-01 09:52 PM

I agree, I thought the church scene was classic! The last half-dozen episodes of this season have made this show even better than it normally is. No sophmore jinx here!

kevin75 05-16-01 10:18 PM

thanks guys. i fell lots better now. i was worried that my thread was gonna die a quick death. whew!

adamblast 05-17-01 12:39 AM

Yep -- that was damn good writing. And great performances all around. The church scene was powerful as hell, and the cigarette was a perfect touch. The final "visitation" was just excellent.

And I loved the ending. Of course, some of my friends will probably spend all summer wondering about the "cliffhanger".

I don't think it was a cliffhanger at all--but a perfect "the world stops" kind of moment. I think it was crystal clear what Barlett was doing, since he didn't get to prove himself to Mrs. L the first time...

Is there any other TV writer/director who knows how to use silence so well?

Big Pudge 05-17-01 02:33 PM

hmm, what happened on this?? i totally missed it!! thanks!

adamblast 05-17-01 03:57 PM

Here's a link to a recap from another site, though they're trying so hard to be humorous that they don't really do it justice...

Short recap...

JCJF10 05-21-01 12:10 PM

Why all the Mrs. Landingham character build after the fact? If we had known the depth of their relationship beforehand her death would have packed a bigger punch. I understand that they couldn't do it in the episode she died in but sometime during the season they could have done this. Then through out the rest of the season we could have enjoyed their interactions on an entirely different level.

Great Shows anyway!