Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Sopranos Season Ending: What do you think will happen??

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Sopranos Season Ending: What do you think will happen??

Old 05-15-01, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What you think?
Old 05-15-01, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by SnoopDogg
What you think?
Somebody is going to get whacked!
Old 05-15-01, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Rumor has it that it might be Christopher (Michael Imperioli) that will bite it.
But who knows.
It might also be Carmela.

Old 05-15-01, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Frank TJ Mackey
Rumor has it that it might be Christopher (Michael Imperioli) that will bite it.
But who knows.
It might also be Carmela.

I know someone else said this here on dvdtalk...so this is somewhat old news.

With that said....

May I suggest using the SPOILER tag next time?
Old 05-16-01, 03:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Spoiler:
How can it not be Jackie Jr.? I mean, what's with Ralph saying all that stuff about him being on coke and that he owes alot of money to dealers? That's basically the ruse to that when he shows up dead or not at all, they can blame it on the dealers that he supposedly owed money to
Old 05-16-01, 05:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

they better not ****ing kill christopher, hes one of the best characters
Old 05-16-01, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Deftones17
Spoiler:
How can it not be Jackie Jr.? I mean, what's with Ralph saying all that stuff about him being on coke and that he owes alot of money to dealers? That's basically the ruse to that when he shows up dead or not at all, they can blame it on the dealers that he supposedly owed money to
I never got that idea from Ralphie's conversation with Jackie Jr's mom.
Spoiler:
My view on that was just he was telling her that because it was a better story than what really happened. I know it's not a good story for a mom to hear, but it's better than "your son just stuck up a place, got a few of his associates shot and managed to shot a couple made guys in the process." By telling her he had some drug problems, he made it so if Jackie Jr. makes it out of this alive, he can come back home and Ralphie will just say he took care of the problem. Afterall, would she worry more if she knew he owed some drug dealers some money or if she knew some made men from the mafia were pissed at her son? But that was just my take on it and I could be wrong.

My view on next week is that I would think Jackie Jr. has a good chance to be the one, but that is the obvious one. If they wanted to stick to the obvious it's what they will do, but if they want to throw viewers for a loop and get them talking they will kill off somebody unexpected. I can't imagine rumors about Tony being true at all. I understand it is an ensemble show, but why kill off the main character and the boss? I thought earlier in the season that if any of the main characters got bumped off this year it would be Christopher, but I have started to feel sympathetic toward him since then and I hope it's not him.

and as for spoiler tags Giantrobo, I really don't see the necessity in them except as in my post when I mention what happened in the episode because I know people haven't seen it yet (hell, I usually don't see it until the last possible chance before the new one runs ). But when people are hazarding guesses about who they think are going to be whacked or talking about rumors about the same thing in a thread titled "What do you think will happen?" I don't think spoiler tags are needed.
Old 05-16-01, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by badger1997
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
My view on that was just he was telling her that because it was a better story than what really happened. I know it's not a good story for a mom to hear, but it's better than "your son just stuck up a place, got a few of his associates shot and managed to shot a couple made guys in the process." By telling her he had some drug problems, he made it so if Jackie Jr. makes it out of this alive, he can come back home and Ralphie will just say he took care of the problem. Afterall, would she worry more if she knew he owed some drug dealers some money or if she knew some made men from the mafia were pissed at her son? But that was just my take on it and I could be wrong.

Spoiler:
My take is the reason Ralphie told that story is not because it was a nice story to tell, it is cover his ass. C'mon you have to realize that Ralphie has to live with Ro(Jackie's Mom). Now if he goes off saying that he was in a card game, and tried to hold up the place, bam.... The story is going to lean back to what Ralphie told Jackie about the Card game and his dad. Then who looks like the bad guy. That's right Ralphie.

Personally I think, Paulie might get whacked since, he was in that whole messup with the Russian Mob and shiite. That or Gloria is going to get whacked for doing something stupid.

RUMOR:

I heard that Tony is going to run for Senate, in later episode, maybe next season. Who knows!
The only person who needs to get whacked is Jackie Jr. and Janice!
Old 05-16-01, 02:18 PM
Suspended

Jackie Jr is a moron and deserves it, but I don't think he'll be the one.

Hard to say really but I'm guessing no one (halfway important) will get wacked, but I'm expecting Gloria to do something psycho, like fatal atraction kinda stuff
Old 05-16-01, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Spoiler:
something's gotta happen to paulie no? -

anyone pick up two episodes ago, when he's complaining about tony and he says something like, "let's get outta this? ... i have a plan, i've been thinking". chris cuts him off, but that line WAS there wasn't it?
Old 05-16-01, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by badger1997
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

My view on next week is that I would think Jackie Jr. has a good chance to be the one, but that is the obvious one. If they wanted to stick to the obvious it's what they will do, but if they want to throw viewers for a loop and get them talking they will kill off somebody unexpected. I can't imagine rumors about Tony being true at all. I understand it is an ensemble show, but why kill off the main character and the boss? I thought earlier in the season that if any of the main characters got bumped off this year it would be Christopher, but I have started to feel sympathetic toward him since then and I hope it's not him.

and as for spoiler tags Giantrobo, I really don't see the necessity in them except as in my post when I mention what happened in the episode because I know people haven't seen it yet (hell, I usually don't see it until the last possible chance before the new one runs ). But when people are hazarding guesses about who they think are going to be whacked or talking about rumors about the same thing in a thread titled "What do you think will happen?" I don't think spoiler tags are needed.

I was specifically talking about Frank's post....
Old 05-17-01, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think if anyone gets taken out in the finale it'll most likely be Ralph.
Old 05-17-01, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Samuel
I think if anyone gets taken out in the fiale that it'll be Ralph.

Somebody already mentioned he signed a 2-year contract, so very doubtful he'll get whacked.
Old 05-17-01, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It's definitely Christopher.
Remember, he wanted to take out Jackie but Tony told him no...and this frustrated Christopher because he's a "Made" man. He basically told Tony that he was pissed at him, and that he used to love him and look up to him, but not after this.

So....I see the following scenario playing out.
Tony finds Jackie, and while he's with him Christopher comes up and points a gun at Jackie. Tony then is forced to make a quick decision...and he takes out Christopher.

How crazy would that be?
Old 05-17-01, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by indianajdp
It's definitely Christopher.
Remember, he wanted to take out Jackie but Tony told him no...and this frustrated Christopher because he's a "Made" man. He basically told Tony that he was pissed at him, and that he used to love him and look up to him, but not after this.

So....I see the following scenario playing out.
Tony finds Jackie, and while he's with him Christopher comes up and points a gun at Jackie. Tony then is forced to make a quick decision...and he takes out Christopher.

How crazy would that be?

Sounds like a plausible scenario. The rumor mill says Christopher.