DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Futurama is......... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/108487-futurama.html)

huzefa 05-14-01 06:33 PM

...the best show on TV.

I can't believe people don't give it a chance. The one with the 2nd cyclops guy was very funny.

Feneant 05-14-01 09:18 PM

That episode with the Globetrotters is my favorite, by far the funniest episode I've seen. Futurama is one of 3 shows I still actually make a point of watching on a regular basis.

Darren Garrison 05-14-01 09:45 PM

What about this week's episode, with (kid)nappster.com? A 10-pack of blank robots, Mac formatted? A Marlyn Monrobot?

Orson 05-14-01 09:53 PM

I think it is funny, but not on repeat viewings - unlike the Simpsons. I know someone will tell me I shouldn't compare shows, but lets face it, the comparisons are inevitable. But I do love watching it, the first time anyways.

mllefoo 05-14-01 11:07 PM

Futurama is getting better with every show. The last couple of episodes actually had me laughing pretty hard - something that hasn't happened with the Simpsons in quite a long time. I do enjoy the show on repeat viewings, but that's just because I'm a glutton for cool 'toons.

Marianne

Jackskeleton 05-15-01 02:27 AM

I'm with Mllefoo, this show is simply great. I look forward to it with a big smile to my face. :)

the last few weeks has had me on the floor laughing. and the one with the globetrotters was pure comedy. reminded me of Jules... that turkey. :p

thejammy 05-15-01 09:17 AM

The best one I have seen was the one where Frye ate that egg salad sandwich with the worms.

OMG, that was hilarious. Then when he got micronized, they were fightin in the elevator, then there was the ballroom on the bottom.

It is simply another great creation from matt groening.

palebluedot 05-15-01 10:21 AM

No,

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=108442

lorenzoh 05-15-01 12:11 PM

I like the show...and the colors are so vibrant.

Shilex 05-16-01 12:28 AM

Originally posted by thejammy
The best one I have seen was the one where Frye ate that egg salad sandwich with the worms.

OMG, that was hilarious. Then when he got micronized, they were fightin in the elevator, then there was the ballroom on the bottom.

It is simply another great creation from matt groening.

I agree. That was the best episode. I can watch that one over and over again. It was funny and had some heart at the end. Funniest scene was when Zoidberg rode in and said, "You'll never guess where I've been!".

I have no problem watching episodes over and over. It's just great to find all the hidden jokes. I didn't really like the show much when I first saw it and it took a second season to get me warmed up to the characters. Now I love the show. Zoidberg was one of those characters I hated when he was first on the show, but now I think he's one of the funniest characters.

mverleg1 05-16-01 09:44 AM

I have to agree. It is better than the Simpsons has been in a long time. I personally liked the episode where they went to the all-woman planet. Death by Snu-Snu had me laughing for hours. Comparisons to the Simpsons are inevitable, as they were created by the same person. Futurama is consistantly humorous and is always more enjoyable to watch than some of the current wave of "reality" shows or game shows.

As for the other Futurama thread that says it's a show only for geeks, I would just like to point out that it pays to be a geek nowadays, and I'm glad I am king of the geeks.

Geofferson 05-16-01 09:56 AM

I like the show and think it is funny, but by no means is it as clever and witty as The Simpsons though. I will give it credit for being one of the better comedies on TV though...

Jules Winfield 05-16-01 07:20 PM

Yes, Futurama is the bomb-diggity. :p It has been consistently funnier than the Simpsons at this point.