DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The NBC (aka the Law & Order network) fall lineup (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/108449-nbc-aka-law-order-network-fall-lineup.html)

Red Dog 05-14-01 03:33 PM

I love the original Law & Order. I do like L&O SVU but I am not usually home when it is on. I will probably give the newest incarnation a shot since it is on at a good time (at least when Sopranos isn't on). I like the idea of doing it from the criminal's perspective.

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,8263,00.html

MONDAY: Weakest Link, Third Watch, Crossing Jordan

TUESDAY: Emeril, Three Sisters, Frasier, Scrubs, Dateline

WEDNESDAY: Ed, The West Wing, Law & Order

THURSDAY: Friends, Inside Schwartz, Will & Grace, Just Shoot Me, ER

FRIDAY: Providence, Dateline, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

SATURDAY: NBC Saturday Night Movie

SUNDAY: Dateline, Weakest Link, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, UC: Undercover

A brief look at NBC's new series:

Emeril: The superstar chef teams up with Designing Women executive producers Linda Bloodworth-Thomason and Harry Thomason for a sitcom taking a backstage look at Lagasse's cooking show and his life.

Law & Order: Criminal Intent: Executive producer Dick Wolf's latest L&O spinoff examines the criminal's perspective, with Vincent D'Onofrio starring as homicide investigator Robert Goren. Kathryn Erbe (of HBO's Oz) plays his partner.

Crossing Jordan: Did we mention there's no escaping Law & Order? Former L&O costar Jill Hennessy returns to series television in this one-hour drama, playing a "sexy and brilliant yet irascible" Boston medical examiner who takes her old job with the Massachusetts State Coroner's Office and reunites with her ex-cop dad (Ken Howard).

UC: Undercover: Jon Seda (of Homicide fame) stars as a member of an elite Justice Department crimefighting unit that goes under cover to fight the bad guys. Boston Public's Courtney B. Vance costars as a legal eagle District Attorney.

Scrubs: Think funny ER, as Spin City executive producer Bill Lawrence presents a comedy revolving around green-behind-the-ears medical interns, starring Zach Braff, Donald Faison (Felicity, Remember the Titans) and Sarah Chalke (Roseanne).

Inside Schwartz: Taking the coveted (and downright scary) post-Friends position is this new comedy from Stephen Engel (Just Shoot Me), starring Breckin Meyer as an obsessed minor-league baseball announcer whose thoughts are taken up by conversations with sports figures and personal life play-by-play.

Deftones 05-14-01 05:17 PM

where the hell is the Webber show???? :confused:

Scott27 05-14-01 05:18 PM

Originally posted by Deftones17
Canned.

bigjim25 05-14-01 05:32 PM

<small>Originally posted by Red Dog I do like L&O SVU but I am not usually home...</small>
It comes on Friday at 10pm on NBC or Sunday at 11pm on USA. Tape it.:D I really don't think we need anymore courtroom dramas and I really hope ABC decides to bring THE JOB back!;) <small>

Deftones 05-14-01 06:03 PM

Originally posted by scott27

Originally posted by Deftones17
Canned.

why???? it got very good numbers after friends. i know that having friends as a lead in doesn't say much, but they didn't even give the show a chance. mother f-ers at NBC!!!! :johnwoo: NBC

bigjim25 05-14-01 11:29 PM

Originally posted by Deftones17 mother f-ers at NBC!!!! :johnwoo: NBC
<small>Agreed, Webber was getting better. Dumba$$es had to make room for those 3 hours of Dateline a week!;)<font color=white>

[Edited by bigjim25 on 05-14-01 at 09:34 PM]

BoatDrinks 05-15-01 12:30 AM

Saw UC tonight. Wow, did they ruin a great script.

Grant Show is awful once again. Actually, most of the acting is bad and they cut the show together in a way that makes it look like some cheap thing for UPN... :(

I can't see this thing staying on the air in it's current form.

Geofferson 05-16-01 09:52 AM

The new L&O should be a treat. I have always liked that show and SVU as well.

Red Dog 05-16-01 11:05 AM

Originally posted by bodai
The new L&O should be a treat. I have always liked that show and SVU as well.

They are also planning a 5-hour miniseries crossover event for all 3 of the Law & Orders. That should be awesome.

Canis Firebrand 05-16-01 11:12 AM

I say goodbye to Weber show.. but dammit.. move Fraiser back to the slot after friends. I missed this entire season because on tuesday, I watch buffy and angel.

Through I would rather have Weber then Just Shoot Me.. David Spade is not funny.. his voice is just damn annoying.

kvrdave 05-16-01 06:40 PM

So now NBC is the weakest link. Good-bye!

Booth 05-17-01 12:16 AM

Let them put whatever they want in the Thursday "after Friends" spot now. What's really important is that this is when Fox will be showing "The Tick".

fourwalker 05-17-01 07:44 AM

I just hope they don't make the same mistake with this new L&O that they made at the beginning of SVU. Originally SVU just focused on the cops and not the lawyers, in fact it had kind of a Columbo feel to it. The cool thing about law and order is the interaction

huzefa 05-17-01 08:17 AM

Originally posted by Booth
Let them put whatever they want in the Thursday "after Friends" spot now. What's really important is that this is when Fox will be showing "The Tick".
Fox is bringing back the Tick? Nice. What about the PJ's, are they bringing that back too?

Booth 05-17-01 08:47 AM

Originally posted by huzefa
Fox is bringing back the Tick? Nice. What about the PJ's, are they bringing that back too?
Actually, it's a live action series that was originally slated to start this season. Fox liked it so much that they stockpiled it in case the actor's strike goes through and they have to fill their schedule with reality programs. This way they will at least have something fresh and new in the fall.

Many TV critics previewed this series several months ago and really loved what they saw. If you do just a little digging, you're sure to find some reviews on the web.

Venusian 05-17-01 08:49 AM

yes, and guess what will be on right before the tick? thats right 22 new episodes of the family guy.

huzefa 05-17-01 08:54 AM

Originally posted by Venusian
yes, and guess what will be on right before the tick? thats right 22 new episodes of the family guy.
Family guy is going up against friends? Man, that sucks. I love both shows but I gotta stick with friends being a die-hard fan.