DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   What did you think of this past week's FRIENDS? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/106903-what-did-you-think-past-weeks-friends.html)

jeffkjoe 05-08-01 11:23 AM

"The One with the Vows"

i.e. "let's all pick up a paycheck for 10 minutes worth of work, while the editors edit a compilation of clips from the past 7 years"

Granted, it's Tuesday, but I just watched my tape of it last night.

Gosh, was that an EFFORTLESS episode!

I mean 1/2 of it was from the episode where everybody finds out about Chandler/Monica!

SHEESH! What a bad year for "Friends."

Red Dog 05-08-01 11:56 AM

Well Friends has sucked the last couple years so I guess they figured why not show stuff from when the show was decent.

Maybe they knew that Survivor finale was going to cream them in the ratings anyway, so why not save some money and put on what is essentially a repeat.

Decker 05-08-01 01:02 PM

I think the working title of that episode was "The One that We Spliced Together While Matthew Perry Dried Out in Rehab". I guess they took this episode as a "Mulligan", figuring (correctly) that no one would be watching opposite The Longest Two Hours Of My Life (aka Survivor Finale). If no one was going to watch, why expend any effort on the episode? What I have a problem with is NBC promos that advertise "An ALL-NEW Friends next". If it is 75% clips, it ain't all-new.

huzefa 05-09-01 08:10 AM

But there is an all new one tomorrow, right? Is tomorrow the only one left before the season finale?

GuessWho 05-09-01 09:07 AM

I usually always tape Friends while watching some people camping in Australia... but last week I wasn't home and hould only tape the outback guys...

I wondered what I missed on Friends. Turns out I apparently didn't miss anything.

jeffkjoe 05-09-01 10:02 AM

Originally posted by huzefa
But there is an all new one tomorrow, right? Is tomorrow the only one left before the season finale?

No, I believe there's tomorrow's episode, then next week's episode, and THEN the Season Finale.

Thursday, May 10th
Thursday, May 17th
Thursday, May 24th - Season Finale

I THINK. Usually networks go into May 20's for their finales.

SMB-IL 05-11-01 09:01 AM

Next week (05/17) is the season finale, which seems weird because I think it WAS originally scheduled to be 05/24. In fact, all the references to the wedding point to May 24th including the line last night "When is the happy day?", "In two weeks" and I believe a refernce was made two weeks ago that it was in four weeks. It's like there an episode missing to end the season earlier than originally planned.

adamblast 05-11-01 10:15 AM

Originally posted by SMB-IL
[...] It's like there an episode missing to end the season earlier than originally planned.
When Matthew Perry's drug problem resurfaced, and he back into rehab, the final episodes were still in the middle of production. The writers and producers had to scramble a bit to cover his absence.

Looks like they "made due" by having a clip show last week, and ending the season one week early...

huzefa 05-11-01 01:09 PM

Originally posted by adamblast

Originally posted by SMB-IL
[...] It's like there an episode missing to end the season earlier than originally planned.
When Matthew Perry's drug problem resurfaced, and he back into rehab, the final episodes were still in the middle of production. The writers and producers had to scramble a bit to cover his absence.

Looks like they "made due" by having a clip show last week, and ending the season one week early...

They're not ending it one week early. Season 5 only had 24 episodes as did seasons 1, 2 and 4. It's too bad about the Matthew Perry thing, but it doesn't really affect the outcome much.