Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

How Would you REVITALISE the WWF/New WCW ?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

How Would you REVITALISE the WWF/New WCW ?

Old 05-06-01, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well Nitro has been off the air for a while, yet with no competition the ratings for Raw and Smackdown are still dropping!

I'm personally getting bored of the same feuds, Undertaker/Kane V Austin/HHH just isn't doing it for me. Jericho/Benoit V Angle/Regal has potential but is boring me too.

I honestly only like the Shane O Mac segments at the moment!

So how would you revitalise the WWF ?

a) I would do whatever it took to get HBK back. Put egos aside. He needs to feud with HHH ! and they have the perfect angle, Whose the true Grand Slam champion!

b) They need to have a WCW wrestler involved somehow, maybe not fulltime, maybe just running in to assist but fans need to know that major crossovers are gonna be there in the future sometime!

c) Try convince Sting to sign a ONE year contract !

d) Get Flair to assemble a new Horseman stable consisting of maybe Jericho/Benoit and 2 WCW wrestlers. This stable plays havok in BOTH the WWF and the new WCW.

e) get rid of Billy Gun and Xpac ! not to WCW, to the bins !

f) get some true storylines in the Women's division and some real feuds happening. All of Chyna, Lita, Stephanie, Ivory, Jackie, Trish and Molly can wrestle

Old 05-06-01, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe it's time for Steph to wear more provocative clothing.

Personally, I am just bidding my time for WCW to hit the airwaves. Until then, I'm paying as much attention to the WWF as I did with the XFL.
Old 05-07-01, 04:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Bring back Andre the Giant, SuperFly, and the Junkyard Dog?
Old 05-07-01, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by ZenerDiode
Bring back Andre the Giant, SuperFly, and the Junkyard Dog?
Get Paul Bearer to raise them from the dead.

As for the question at hand, WWF could use a random run-in WCW wrestler. Someone who does nothing but break up WWF matches. No silly feuds, just breaks up matches. They could work an angle with them being under Shane o' Mac's orders and be a lead in to WCW.

das
Old 05-07-01, 01:12 PM

taker/kane vs hhh/austin is really beginning to suck....i actually like the horsemen idea, benoit, jericho, storm, franchise seems nice to me.
New WCW:
i actually want to see some wrestling........kidman, mysterio, storm etc should provide some of that, get RVD, dont fire steiner, franchise they rule. Lose lash leroux, the wall etc. More shane o mac.
Old 05-08-01, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Maybe Mick Foley the new commish at WCW!When he was commish in WWF I surely enjoyed the matches.
Bring all the best ECW guys into the new WCW.
Old 05-08-01, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
It is no secret that the fueds currently in the WWF suck arse. the Taker/Austin fued has put me to sleep already. HHH and kane.. same.

the only thing promising is the jericho/benoit team up.

WWF really screwed it up by having austin and HHH gain control of just about any impotant belt out there.

like anyone really cares about the euro belt. the tag teams have nothing to fued over. the x-factor dudley fued has been boring. main reason to kill of x-pac. that talentless hack is holding justin down.
Old 05-09-01, 02:00 PM
Banned

I think legalizing any moves involving firearms would spice things up a bit.