Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

American High -- What A Great Show

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

American High -- What A Great Show

Old 04-29-01, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I watched this tonight for the first time and was given proof that PBS can make a tv series about high school students that isn't just an after-school special.

This show is artistic and beautiful. I can't help but notice things in some of the characters that remind me of myself and then things that remind me of people in my high school.

My favorite person to watch is that Kaytee girl. She really really seems brilliant. Such an artistic thoughtful presence. If you watch it you'll probably hear her play some of her songs. She does deserve a record contract. Very much like Jess Klein.

check out the page http://www.pbs.org/americanhigh
Curtis
Old 04-29-01, 04:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow, if PBS can, then Fox certainly can!!!

Sorry, don't mean to be so snippy. American High originally was a Fox series where it ran for two weeks and then was quickly yanked. (I think it was on Thursday nights) PBS picked up the rights to all the episodes after that.
Old 04-29-01, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by clemente
Wow, if PBS can, then Fox certainly can!!!

Sorry, don't mean to be so snippy. American High originally was a Fox series where it ran for two weeks and then was quickly yanked. (I think it was on Thursday nights) PBS picked up the rights to all the episodes after that.
Fox shouldn't have been so quick to yank it. It might not get the best ratings...but it certainly is something that needs to be watched. Just goes to show you that the major networks don't care about much beyond the dollar
Old 04-29-01, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I watched this show when it was on Fox, and I was upset when they yanked it...I loved it..
Old 04-29-01, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Kevin H
I watched this show when it was on Fox, and I was upset when they yanked it...I loved it..
PBS is going to show it like each Wednesday at 10est; two episodes in a row.
Old 04-30-01, 11:05 AM

Originally posted by Alyoshka
Originally posted by Kevin H
And the first episode is always a repeat from last week's episode.

Very strange set-up.

Thankfully I can FF through the old one every week on my ReplayTV.
Old 04-30-01, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Jadzia
Originally posted by Alyoshka
And the first episode is always a repeat from last week's episode.

Very strange set-up.

Thankfully I can FF through the old one every week on my ReplayTV.
Yeah, very odd indeed. They say so that if you can only watch 30 minutes then you won't miss the other one. Doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. Seems like a very limited group of people that wouldn't be able to watch it for an hour...or videotape it.

I'm wondering if they'll release a dvd of this? I think they should because there were something like 1000 hours of video taken. They could do a great extra-footage section. Plus like updates on the students. That would be sort of fun.
Old 04-30-01, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My favorite person to watch is that Kaytee girl. She really really seems brilliant. Such an artistic thoughtful presence. If you watch it you'll probably hear her play some of her songs. She does deserve a record contract. Very much like Jess Klein.
Kaytee is like a cross between Ani DiFranco and Lili Taylor's character from Say Anything. During the last episode, I thought she was going to do a cover of "Joe Lies."