DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   "Family Guy" to RETURN! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/103683-family-guy-return.html)

cineman 04-26-01 08:23 AM

I saw a package on Early Today this morning about what shows the networks have in the can in preparations for the upcoming actor's strike.

They had a soundbite from a woman about FOX who said there are 21 unaired episodes of "Family Guy" ready to go!

Unfortunately, it didn't state when.

CPA-ESQ. 04-26-01 02:20 PM

can't wait :)

Tigger 04-26-01 03:44 PM

I wish they would put all episodes on DVD. Do a Kevin Smith, release all unaired episodes and compile a complete anthology. This show is highly underated. Seriously funny!

Bogart 04-26-01 05:28 PM

Excellent! This show is laugh out loud funny.
The baby (can't remember his name) is a riot.

Trout 04-26-01 05:54 PM

Originally posted by Bogart

The baby (can't remember his name) is a riot.

Stewie

badger1997 04-26-01 05:58 PM

The creators posted on the Family Guy Web site a while ago that they planned to be back on the air sometime in spring or summer as a replacement series. They also said that whether or not it comes back as a regular series in the fall (or after the strike or whatever) would depend on how many people watch the spring/summer run. So don't forget to watch those episodes.

It truly is an underappreciated series. Was fresh and funny and not afraid to be totally un-PC. You got to admire that in a sitcom, cartoon or just about anything else. I can't wait for more episodes. :)

khieng 04-26-01 10:00 PM

I Love this series and can't wait for it's return. However I have to admit, the series did start to lose it's magic towards the last couple episodes. I hope these new ones will be better.

Junaid 04-26-01 10:41 PM

VICTORY IS MINE!

rotfl

Kevin H 04-27-01 10:47 AM

This is an absoultely GREAT show!! I was watchign a few episdoes yesterday...funniest show to come out in a LONG time. Seth Macfarland = genius.

SirPablo 04-27-01 04:40 PM

Peter is damn_funny! This show is a riot. Guaranteed to laugh.

Think I'll try to find some eps online now..

explosivej 04-27-01 10:57 PM

Love this show, can't wait for its return.

Tesiae 04-28-01 09:53 PM

Any show that can bring in most of the cast of Murphy Brown to make fun of their characters on their respective show is aces in my book. And let's not forget Hitler's Variety Hour!

dave955 04-29-01 12:10 AM

This show does make me laugh a lot. It'll be good to have something original on during the strike and the months it will take to recover from it.

That said, it's not nearly as good as the Simpsons. Family Guy relies too much on throwaway bits and pop culture references, and if you think Homer's devolved over time on the Simpsons, the dad in Family Guy isn't a character but rather a caricature. Nevertheless, it still makes me laugh, a lot.

Geofferson 04-30-01 12:58 PM

21...that is awesome.