DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   X-Files question again (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/103630-x-files-question-again.html)

Cpl. Hicks 04-26-01 12:20 AM

hey all. i missed a few X-files episodes. I never found out who the father of Scully's baby is. I know, i recently asked this question but i can't find the old thread. mb it got lost when they were switching around the dvdtalk message board formats.

palebluedot 04-26-01 08:24 AM

It is assumed that it is Mulder but there has been no proof of that yet. Mulder was the donor but that doesn't mean anything with this show. Scully also assumes that it is Mulder's because of the "donation".

Zien 04-26-01 08:44 AM

I think it IS Mulder's, but aliens take longer to gestate in the womb. My prediction is that Scully will realize this in the last episode, the conspiracy people/aliens will come after her, and she'll be forced to throw herself off a plank into a large vat of molten metal as the alien bursts from her stomach.

mikehunt 04-26-01 12:08 PM

on the episode where mulder donated some sperm it didn't take, so who knows. I say it's an alien baby

RichardW 04-27-01 08:46 AM

I'm thinking it has something to do with that force field that Scully got caught in during last year's season finale. Was that an actual abduction, or just a "quickie"? ;)

Kelric 04-27-01 10:10 AM

No one on the show assumes it was Mulder. When Mulder donated it didn't take. That's why Scully was so shocked that she was pregnant when she first found out. That's also why Mulder was giving her a hard time about the Pizza boy in last week's episode. If they assumed it was him, then why joke around about how it was the pizza boy?

It still COULD be Mulder, or it COULD be cancer man (remember that she fell asleep while with him and woke up in new clothes - Cancer man could have done anything!) or it could be an allien. Skinner perhaps??? At this point I don't think anyone knows.

garmonbozia 04-28-01 05:04 AM

Remeber that whoever the father is, Krycek wanted the baby dead...so I doubt it is Mulder, if Krycek knows the truth. Krycek is my favorite secondary character and he does not get enough airtime, damn it!

dave955 04-28-01 11:33 AM

Originally posted by garmonbozia
Krycek is my favorite secondary character and he does not get enough airtime, damn it!
Oh, don't worry, he'll be in the season finale according to the promotional spots. Of course,
Spoiler:
Chris Carter is using his appearance to kill Krycek off - you know, nothing boosts your ratings than the shock value of killing off extremely popular supporting characters - and then failing to develop new ones. cf. X, Well-Manicured Man, CSM.

garmonbozia 04-30-01 08:27 AM

Originally posted by dave955

Originally posted by garmonbozia
Krycek is my favorite secondary character and he does not get enough airtime, damn it!
Oh, don't worry, he'll be in the season finale according to the promotional spots. Of course,
Spoiler:
Chris Carter is using his appearance to kill Krycek off - you know, nothing boosts your ratings than the shock value of killing off extremely popular supporting characters - and then failing to develop new ones. cf. X, Well-Manicured Man, CSM.

Spoiler:
That's just wrong if it is true. Who's going to be left to both help and confuse the main characters next year. Don't get me wrong, I love the X-files, but it needs to end. I mean how many dvd box sets can I buy? I for one, hated "X", and cheered when he died.....but I guess this is a trend that began season 1 with Deep Throat. Where the hell is Marita Covarrubias? Why not kill her off? She always annoyed the hell out of me. I can't believe she popped up to help Krycek "off" CSM last year.

BTW One of my friends believes that CSM is not dead. I don't agree but does anyone else think it possible. I just feel that Alex and Marita would have made sure of it before they left. They only had that home nurse to stop them.

JohnPhoenix 04-30-01 09:00 AM

Spoiler:
Chris Carter said that Krychek would be in the 2nd Movie because he wasn't in the first. I heard that in an interview with the Nicholas Lea, the actor who plays him. Is this true? I don't know....