Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Did you like "The Tom Green Show"?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Did you like "The Tom Green Show"?

Old 04-22-01, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now that the movie is out, I want to know how many of you liked the show? If so, what did you find funny?

I myself disliked the show, and only found 2 moments that I saw funny. Both involving people's reactions and not tom himself:

1) When tom green interviewed people with crap on a microphone, and the people just tried to ignore it and move their head back.

2)When green asked that one guy where he was going, and he got all pissed off and broke his microphone, saying "None of ****ing business where i'm going! Where are you going?"

Oh and let me just say, the "Bum Song" is just about the stupidest thing I've ever seen.
Old 04-22-01, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't find tom green funny.... at all.

i just don't get how he could be funny.
Old 04-22-01, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Big NOT fan of Tom Greene. I tried to get into it because it was the cool show my freshman year, but I never could. Alas, I'm now just a lowly dork because I didn't laugh when the others laughed.
Old 04-22-01, 02:56 AM
Banned

Location: John "57 Varieties" Kerry represents me in the US Senate.
I didn't see much of that show, but one moment I loved was when Tom dressed up as an old man riding one of those motorized scooters through a grocery store, knocking lots of stuff over. It's not like it takes a brilliant comic mind to think of a stunt like that, but I still found it pretty funny.

Side note: my friend told me that MTV canceled that show because Tom once dressed up as Hitler and crashed a Bar Mitzvah (sp?)! Is that true???
Old 04-22-01, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Quaid
I didn't see much of that show, but one moment I loved was when Tom dressed up as an old man riding one of those motorized scooters through a grocery store, knocking lots of stuff over. It's not like it takes a brilliant comic mind to think of a stunt like that, but I still found it pretty funny.

Side note: my friend told me that MTV canceled that show because Tom once dressed up as Hitler and crashed a Bar Mitzvah (sp?)! Is that true???
I believe it was cancelled because both Tom Green got cancer, and because they couldn't find people that didn't know about the show/people would spot tom green when he was doing his thing.
Old 04-22-01, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I don't know why but I find most of what he does funny. Even when he's just yelling I'm laughing. I know that his new movie is going to be stupid as hell, but I still expect to laugh. Even in the commercials, when he says something about a "cheese helmet" and has a piece of cheese on his head, I'm laughing out loud. It really shouldn't be funny but it is.

I think Jackass is even funnier though.

Old 04-22-01, 04:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Trelach24
I don't know why but I find most of what he does funny. Even when he's just yelling I'm laughing. I know that his new movie is going to be stupid as hell, but I still expect to laugh. Even in the commercials, when he says something about a "cheese helmet" and has a piece of cheese on his head, I'm laughing out loud. It really shouldn't be funny but it is.

I think Jackass is even funnier though.

You're not going to find a more perfect example of why comedy and humor is in such a bad state these days. Things like Tom Green, Jackass and Scary Movie make me weep for the future of comedy.