Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

What did you think of the new Friends episode 19/04?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

What did you think of the new Friends episode 19/04?

Old 04-19-01, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought it was one of the funniest this season. The only joke that didnt' work was Joey and the meat.... all i can say is eww..... It was especially cool at the end with Phoebe thinking, "She's not your cousin! Ask her out!" Hehe.... Friends is still one of the best shows on TV.
Old 04-19-01, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the whole ross/cousin thing was creepy but it was funny. did chandler just disappear after the first few minutes? also is denise richards coming back next week, she only seemed to have a few lines?
one last question, there was a whole episode (the one with the drums) about phoebe worrying that racheal wouldnt move back in with her after they got teh apartment fixed, racheal said she'd move back but still lives iwht joey...did i miss an episode in the middle or something?
Old 04-19-01, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Venusian
the whole ross/cousin thing was creepy but it was funny. did chandler just disappear after the first few minutes? also is denise richards coming back next week, she only seemed to have a few lines?
one last question, there was a whole episode (the one with the drums) about phoebe worrying that racheal wouldnt move back in with her after they got teh apartment fixed, racheal said she'd move back but still lives iwht joey...did i miss an episode in the middle or something?
Yeah, u missed an episode, 'cuz the one after phoebe finds out the apartment is fixed, rachel and phoebe go and see the apartment. They find out that the landlord tore down the dividing wall b/w the 2 bedrooms, and it's just one big room. So they decide to let Phoebe take the big apt. and Rachel keeps living with joey.
Old 04-19-01, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

did chandler just disappear after the first few minutes?

Yeah, and expect to see a lot more of the "disspearing" Chandler now that he is in rehab and may not be in the final epsiodes
Old 04-19-01, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by huzefa

Yeah, u missed an episode, 'cuz the one after phoebe finds out the apartment is fixed, rachel and phoebe go and see the apartment. They find out that the landlord tore down the dividing wall b/w the 2 bedrooms, and it's just one big room. So they decide to let Phoebe take the big apt. and Rachel keeps living with joey.

okay now that you mention it that sounds vaguely familar, i think i might have seen part of it.
Old 04-19-01, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Next week there's going to be some lesbianish shenanigans with Winona Ryder and Jennifer Aniston. I've already got my tissues ready.
Old 04-19-01, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

actually that wont be till may sweeps.
Old 04-20-01, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

actually that wont be till may sweeps.
Nope, it's going to be next week, it was in the previews right after the show.
Old 04-20-01, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought it was very funny. Even the meat jokes.
Spoiler:
When he drops his pants and it falls off, was a riot!
Old 04-20-01, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
That was one of the few good episodes this year. Denise looked fantastic. What happened in the very last scene with her and Phoebe? My TIVO cut off right as it came on.
Old 04-20-01, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I agree this episode was one of the best this season.

I have been so disappointed in Friends the past 2 years. Since all the really great writers left, there has been a definite drop in quality humor.

It's like the stories are still really funny, but the lines/jokes/payoffs just aren't as sharp as they used to be.

Hopefully, this episode was a sign of good things to come.
Old 04-20-01, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Red Dog
That was one of the few good episodes this year. Denise looked fantastic. What happened in the very last scene with her and Phoebe? My TIVO cut off right as it came on.

THAT'S VERY INTERESTING....

I Tivo'ed FRIENDS last night, and it cut off at the EXACT same spot.

I wonder exactly what triggers the Tivo recorder to turn on and off....Time?

That means everyone who Tivo'ed Friends had it cut off at the same scene???
Old 04-20-01, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Red Dog,

Spoiler:
The music kicked in, the slo-mo kicked in, Denise started flipping her hair and Phoebe was mesmerized. Then you heard Phoebe's voice-over saying stuff like, "She's not your cousin, ask her out!" It was really funny.
Old 04-20-01, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That's too bad, that last scene was IMO the funniest one in the episode. Read on...
Spoiler:
Denise comes out of the shower, and she starts flinging her hair, and Phoebe just starts staring at her like Chandler and Ross did. Then Denise goes "What?", and Phoebe just keep staring at her, and saying to herself, "Say something, anything!! Ask her out, she's not your cousin!"
Old 04-20-01, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
That's too bad, that last scene was IMO the funniest one in the episode. Read on...
Spoiler:
Denise comes out of the shower, and she starts flinging her hair, and Phoebe just starts staring at her like Chandler and Ross did. Then Denise goes "What?", and Phoebe just keep staring at her, and saying to herself, "Say something, anything!! Ask her out, she's not your cousin!"

Spoiler:
That is funny, but it would have been better if she was staying with Rachel, and Rachel was thinking that, especially with the Lesbian Friends episode coming up
Old 04-20-01, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
That is funny, but it would have been better if she was staying with Rachel, and Rachel was thinking that, especially with the Lesbian Friends episode coming up
No way, man!! That's just a matter of opinion anyway, I thought it was funny and it worked well 'cuz Phoebe has always been kind of quirky that way.
Old 04-20-01, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My TIVO cut off right as it came on.
Same here...that's the most annoying thing about my otherwise favorite TV toy.
Old 04-22-01, 01:54 AM

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
did chandler just disappear after the first few minutes?

Yeah, and expect to see a lot more of the "disspearing" Chandler now that he is in rehab and may not be in the final epsiodes
That is not true, he has to be in the big wedding episode which will probably be the season finale. So he has a problem, don't we all.