DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   What did you think of the new Friends episode 19/04? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/102242-what-did-you-think-new-friends-episode-19-04-a.html)

huzefa 04-19-01 08:42 PM

I thought it was one of the funniest this season. The only joke that didnt' work was Joey and the meat.... all i can say is eww..... It was especially cool at the end with Phoebe thinking, "She's not your cousin! Ask her out!" Hehe.... Friends is still one of the best shows on TV.

Venusian 04-19-01 09:15 PM

the whole ross/cousin thing was creepy but it was funny. did chandler just disappear after the first few minutes? also is denise richards coming back next week, she only seemed to have a few lines?
one last question, there was a whole episode (the one with the drums) about phoebe worrying that racheal wouldnt move back in with her after they got teh apartment fixed, racheal said she'd move back but still lives iwht joey...did i miss an episode in the middle or something?

huzefa 04-19-01 09:51 PM

Originally posted by Venusian
the whole ross/cousin thing was creepy but it was funny. did chandler just disappear after the first few minutes? also is denise richards coming back next week, she only seemed to have a few lines?
one last question, there was a whole episode (the one with the drums) about phoebe worrying that racheal wouldnt move back in with her after they got teh apartment fixed, racheal said she'd move back but still lives iwht joey...did i miss an episode in the middle or something?

Yeah, u missed an episode, 'cuz the one after phoebe finds out the apartment is fixed, rachel and phoebe go and see the apartment. They find out that the landlord tore down the dividing wall b/w the 2 bedrooms, and it's just one big room. So they decide to let Phoebe take the big apt. and Rachel keeps living with joey.

JohnPhoenix 04-19-01 10:10 PM

did chandler just disappear after the first few minutes?

Yeah, and expect to see a lot more of the "disspearing" Chandler now that he is in rehab and may not be in the final epsiodes :(

Venusian 04-19-01 10:28 PM

Originally posted by huzefa

Yeah, u missed an episode, 'cuz the one after phoebe finds out the apartment is fixed, rachel and phoebe go and see the apartment. They find out that the landlord tore down the dividing wall b/w the 2 bedrooms, and it's just one big room. So they decide to let Phoebe take the big apt. and Rachel keeps living with joey.

okay now that you mention it that sounds vaguely familar, i think i might have seen part of it.

Charlie Goose 04-19-01 11:16 PM

Next week there's going to be some lesbianish shenanigans with Winona Ryder and Jennifer Aniston. I've already got my tissues ready.

Venusian 04-19-01 11:23 PM

actually that wont be till may sweeps.

huzefa 04-20-01 06:46 AM

actually that wont be till may sweeps.
Nope, it's going to be next week, it was in the previews right after the show.

cineman 04-20-01 08:17 AM

I thought it was very funny. Even the meat jokes.
Spoiler:
When he drops his pants and it falls off, was a riot!

Red Dog 04-20-01 10:46 AM

That was one of the few good episodes this year. Denise looked fantastic. What happened in the very last scene with her and Phoebe? My TIVO cut off right as it came on.

BoatDrinks 04-20-01 11:04 AM

I agree this episode was one of the best this season.

I have been so disappointed in Friends the past 2 years. Since all the really great writers left, there has been a definite drop in quality humor.

It's like the stories are still really funny, but the lines/jokes/payoffs just aren't as sharp as they used to be.

Hopefully, this episode was a sign of good things to come.

jeffkjoe 04-20-01 11:09 AM

Originally posted by Red Dog
That was one of the few good episodes this year. Denise looked fantastic. What happened in the very last scene with her and Phoebe? My TIVO cut off right as it came on.

THAT'S VERY INTERESTING....

I Tivo'ed FRIENDS last night, and it cut off at the EXACT same spot.

I wonder exactly what triggers the Tivo recorder to turn on and off....Time?

That means everyone who Tivo'ed Friends had it cut off at the same scene???

BoatDrinks 04-20-01 11:20 AM

Red Dog,

Spoiler:
The music kicked in, the slo-mo kicked in, Denise started flipping her hair and Phoebe was mesmerized. Then you heard Phoebe's voice-over saying stuff like, "She's not your cousin, ask her out!" It was really funny.

huzefa 04-20-01 11:22 AM

That's too bad, that last scene was IMO the funniest one in the episode. Read on...
Spoiler:
Denise comes out of the shower, and she starts flinging her hair, and Phoebe just starts staring at her like Chandler and Ross did. Then Denise goes "What?", and Phoebe just keep staring at her, and saying to herself, "Say something, anything!! Ask her out, she's not your cousin!"

Red Dog 04-20-01 11:36 AM

That's too bad, that last scene was IMO the funniest one in the episode. Read on...
Spoiler:
Denise comes out of the shower, and she starts flinging her hair, and Phoebe just starts staring at her like Chandler and Ross did. Then Denise goes "What?", and Phoebe just keep staring at her, and saying to herself, "Say something, anything!! Ask her out, she's not your cousin!"

Spoiler:
That is funny, but it would have been better if she was staying with Rachel, and Rachel was thinking that, especially with the Lesbian Friends episode coming up ;)

huzefa 04-20-01 06:01 PM

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
That is funny, but it would have been better if she was staying with Rachel, and Rachel was thinking that, especially with the Lesbian Friends episode coming up ;)

No way, man!! That's just a matter of opinion anyway, I thought it was funny and it worked well 'cuz Phoebe has always been kind of quirky that way.

nazz 04-20-01 10:23 PM

My TIVO cut off right as it came on.
Same here...that's the most annoying thing about my otherwise favorite TV toy.

junkie 04-22-01 02:54 AM

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

did chandler just disappear after the first few minutes?

Yeah, and expect to see a lot more of the "disspearing" Chandler now that he is in rehab and may not be in the final epsiodes :(

That is not true, he has to be in the big wedding episode which will probably be the season finale. So he has a problem, don't we all.