DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Favorite retired WWF wrestlers? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/101807-favorite-retired-wwf-wrestlers.html)

Alyoshka 04-18-01 03:33 PM

Post your favorites of yesteryear. Who did you like and what has happened to them now

Brutus the Barber Beefcake
the Tugboat
Vader

I'm not sure what any of these guys are doing, do you?

Scott27 04-18-01 03:51 PM

Originally posted by Alyoshka
Post your favorites of yesteryear. Who did you like and what has happened to them now

Brutus the Barber Beefcake
the Tugboat
Vader

I'm not sure what any of these guys are doing, do you?

Vader still wrestles in Japan, I believe. Tugboat wrestles in an indy down in Florida last I heard (as Typhoon). Beefcake (hopefully) has dropped off the face of the Earth. :D

As for my fave, I'd have to say Demolition. They were a pretty good team back in the day.

edytwinky 04-18-01 04:03 PM

The Ultimate Warrior of the early 90's.

He was a great sports entertainer and he helped make the WWF what it is today. Please note: this is before his OWN and WCW crap. This guy will always be a favorite of mine.

Applejack 04-18-01 04:32 PM

Brutus the Barber Beefcake- he was my favorite character back in the late '80's

Macho Man Randy Savage- Also back in the 80's, he should have hung it up earlier

Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat
Andre the Giant-
Razor Ramon-
Mick Foley-

qbert 04-18-01 05:23 PM

agree with the Dragon
also andre the giant and jimmy superfly snuka were good
george the animal steele
killer bees and the old hart foundation

on another note: have to say my mosst hated wrestler was probably Leaping Lenny Poffo and his rhyming frisbees

Jason 04-18-01 05:25 PM

Ahh, back when this stuff was actually fun to watch:

The Honky Tonk Man
Randy "Macho Man (not King) Savage
Hillbilly Jim
Nicholia Volkov and the Iron Sheik
Sgt. Slaughter (when he was a good guy)
The Junk Yard Dog
Bret Hart and Jim "The Anvil" Neinhart

And even the occasional appearance by the way too old Bruno Samartino.

-smile-

DarthMaul420 04-18-01 07:28 PM

The Honky Tonk Man was on JCW Volume 2 which was just released. Good to see him again.

Brutus Beefcake returning at Wrestlemania 9 made the event for me. He was a great performer.

Macho Man is trying to open his own promotion.

Of all the guys I grew up watching in the 80's the one that I always liked was Jake "The Snake" Roberts. I would suggest watching "Beyond the Mat". It's really something to see what he went through working in the WWF and what it did to his family. Even more amazing is what his life has become now. He is one of the most memorable characters EVER in pro wrestling.

Original Desmond 04-18-01 08:01 PM

Ricky Steamboat, Randy Savage and a younger thin Jake the Snake

Kumar J 04-18-01 08:16 PM

I also love The Ultimate Warrior...well i still want to see him in action and as for Vader he is here in Japan and still is wrestling.He is one powerful wrestler. -smile-
Wrestling in Japan aslo has schanged all the federations are coming together. And who the hell is Scott Norton?

Alyoshka 04-18-01 08:17 PM

Good call with the Jack the Snake!

I also loved the Hart Foundation

Who was it that did the move called "The Steiner"? Was it one of the guys in the Hart Foundation?

khieng 04-18-01 08:43 PM

I miss those times.... :(

The Road Warriors
Bret The Hitman
Jake the Snake
Ricky The Dragon
The Undertaker (the original one)

WhattheFFF 04-18-01 09:42 PM

Doink the clown, man was he funny. He got stupid towards the end will all the midgets & stuff though. It's a shame he was never champion.

Dr. DVD 04-18-01 11:11 PM

Andre
Big John Stud
Ricky Steamboat
Hulk Hogan-before he started pushing it too far
Macho Man-same as Hulk
Jake the Snake
Lanny Poffo
Junkyard Dog!-I got his autograph when he was my second favorite wrestler next to Hulk, great experience for a nine year old.

While I was never a big fan, whatever happened to Wendy Richter? I remember seeing her wrestle about two times then she dropped out of sight.

edytwinky 04-18-01 11:29 PM

Originally posted by khieng
I miss those times.... :(

The Road Warriors
Bret The Hitman
Jake the Snake
Ricky The Dragon
The Undertaker (the original one)

There's always been one original Undertaker, he's never changed. There was a fake but that was way back at Summerslam.

khieng 04-19-01 06:25 AM

Originally posted by edytwinky

There's always been one original Undertaker, he's never changed. There was a fake but that was way back at Summerslam.

Actually I thought they changed his image. He used to be dressed all in black, with little to say and acted like a zombie. Now he wears jeans, a bandana, and rides a bike.

GuessWho 04-19-01 09:08 AM

Originally posted by khieng

Originally posted by edytwinky

Actually I thought they changed his image. He used to be dressed all in black, with little to say and acted like a zombie. Now he wears jeans, a bandana, and rides a bike.

yes, the gimmick has changed, but edytwinky meant that the person hasn't changed -- Undertaker is still played by Mark Callaway

GuessWho 04-19-01 09:08 AM

Shawn Michaels.

Five Cent Deposit 04-19-01 01:20 PM

Who was it that did the move called "The Steiner"? Was it one of the guys in the Hart Foundation?

Haha you reminded me of how my friends and I always used to call him Jack The Snack. Scotty Steiner and Rick Steiner do "The Steiner Recliner"(camel clutch), "The Frankensteiner"(hurracanrana), and some kind of "Steiner Clothesliner"(very stiff running forearm) or some such nonsense. They have probably had other "Steiner" moves in the past, can't think of them right now. Oh wait, the "Dragonsteiner"(Full-Nelson Suplex). There are more I am sure...

Edited to add: HOW could I forget the "Steiner Screwdriver"(incredibly dangerous piledriver that nobody will ever let Scotty do)

[Edited by Caustic214 on 04-19-01 at 11:22 AM]

DarthMaul420 04-19-01 06:55 PM

Originally posted by Caustic214

Haha you reminded me of how my friends and I always used to call him Jack The Snack. Scotty Steiner and Rick Steiner do "The Steiner Recliner"(camel clutch), "The Frankensteiner"(hurracanrana), and some kind of "Steiner Clothesliner"(very stiff running forearm) or some such nonsense. They have probably had other "Steiner" moves in the past, can't think of them right now. Oh wait, the "Dragonsteiner"(Full-Nelson Suplex). There are more I am sure...

Edited to add: HOW could I forget the "Steiner Screwdriver"(incredibly dangerous piledriver that nobody will ever let Scotty do)

[Edited by Caustic214 on 04-19-01 at 11:22 AM]

The clothesline was called the Steinerline. It's funny that as scott steiner got bigger he could do less and less of his own moves.