DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   I miss Animaniacs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/101716-i-miss-animaniacs.html)

Phil Pugliese 04-18-01 11:51 AM

I really feel growing up on Loony Tunes, Animaniacs have been teh best substitute of late. But, now they are gone too. O know there is talk of the Warner Bros. collection being available in the future, I hope it includes these guys, too. Yacko, Wacko, Dot, and the whole gang are super funny.

HN 04-18-01 12:04 PM

Pinky and The Brain, now that's comedy!

"Gee Brain, whaddaya wanna do tonight?"

"Same thing we do every night Pinky...try to take over the world!"

They're Pinky, they're Pinky and the Brain Brain Brain Brain BRAIN!

--HN

Film_Lover 04-18-01 12:26 PM

One is a genius, the other's INSANE.

I agree with both of you -- I didn't get to grow up on Looney Tunes, it was Alvin & the Chipmunks (man Theodore should've had his own show!), The Smurfs, and USA's Cartoon Express. Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, and Pinky & the Brain were all the best cartoon shows of the early '90's. I still remember Tiny Toons moving from CBS (?) to Fox Kids and the highly irreverent intro done by Babs and Buster, that was nice to see in a Saturday-morning cartoon.

Animaniacs was always my favorite because of all the songs! I think I have the soundtrack somewhere with the Preisdents Song, the Country Songs, the Capital Songs, etc.

Jason Northrup 04-18-01 04:32 PM

My favorite period of time for cartoons was about 1997 on the WB network. I don't recall if they had Looney Toons on at that time as well, but if they did, that would have been the absolute best time for cartoons as far as I'm concerned.

I'd have to say Looney toons is the best ever cartoon, but Anamaniacs is definately in the top 5.

JohnPhoenix 04-18-01 05:18 PM

Hello Nurse!

tofu 04-18-01 06:11 PM

Where are you Chicken Boo?

Jason Northrup 04-18-01 07:00 PM

[Anonymous person after seeing something with polkadots]: Polkadot?

Dot: Eh, sure.

Phil Pugliese 04-19-01 10:20 AM

what about the Goodfeather?

Pesto, your my hero!

Waddami, some sort of sandwich to you? Waddami, on a long roll with lettuce and tomato? Why, I awda!!!!!!!

Junaid 04-20-01 12:31 AM

I love Pinky & the Brain too. Specially the episode where Brain becomes a country singer called Bubba Bo Bob Brain rotfl I can't watch Orson Welles movies with a straight face anymore thanks to that show.

I also love Dexter's Lab & Johnny Bravo - fantastic & surprising satire for a kids cartoon.

Ogre332 04-21-01 12:36 AM

nothing could ever beat "Good Idea, Bad Idea"

Good Idea: Finding an Eater Egg on Easter
Bad Idea: Finding an Eater Egg on the Fourth of July

Jackskeleton 04-21-01 02:42 AM

Animaniacs was the last great animated cartoon i can remember. Once they put elmira on pinky & brain, they killed it.

Me now being 21, remember watching Animaniacs very often. it had both humor, educational items and just all around cookiness. it was the best. now a days, there is pure crap on tv along the lines of childerns programing.

Oh i aswell miss animaniacs, even though during the final times i tuned out for the lack of quality since they started splitting all the segments to spin off series.

Phil Pugliese 04-21-01 08:24 PM

Good Idea/Bad Idea

Originally posted by Ogre332
nothing could ever beat "Good Idea, Bad Idea"

Good Idea: Finding an Eater Egg on Easter
Bad Idea: Finding an Eater Egg on the Fourth of July

What about:

Good Idea: Playing catch with your Grandfather

Bad Idea: Playing catch with your Grandfather

Jason Northrup 04-21-01 09:04 PM

<font size=7><b>NARF!</b></font>

Jason Northrup 04-21-01 09:06 PM

I love all the Spielberg references that were made in that show. Especially in the episode where the Warners painted the Sistine chapel.

Rypro 525 06-19-07 02:48 AM

christ, i haven't watched this show in ages, but since they have a nice sale at best buy, i might pick one of the volumes up, hope its as good and funny as i remeber it.

is there any way to watch an episode or two on cable, to kind of test it out again.

edit, just watched a little 'wheel of morality' compilation on youtube, off to best buy tomorrow. Its amazing all the little stuff i didn't really get all those years ago.

ytrez 06-19-07 08:01 AM

Animaniacs were good, but I miss Freakazoid!

LorenzoL 06-19-07 08:37 AM

I remember coming home after school and watching it on TV.

Volume 3 (out today) has the only great animated short by Slappy Squirrel "Woodstock".

The Bus 06-19-07 11:53 AM

I always liked Tiny Toons a bit more than Animaniacs although Elmira was fucking annoying.

antennaball 06-19-07 11:56 AM

Holy Thread Bump!

rabbit77 06-19-07 01:14 PM

yeah, I thought Jackskeleton was a little older than 21...

shadowhawk2020 06-19-07 11:38 PM

"Pinky and the Brain, Pinky and the Brain, One is a genius the other's insame, to prove their mousey worth, they'll take over the earth." God I loved that show :) Zort

groovrbaby 06-20-07 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I remember coming home after school and watching it on TV.

Volume 3 (out today) has the only great animated short by Slappy Squirrel "Woodstock".

Loved that short, Slappy screaming at the kid trying to figure out which band (The Who and The Band) was playing always made me laugh. I'd quote it, but I'd butcher it, been way too long.

JP5683 06-20-07 03:31 AM

I have been looking for the sound bite of Mindy forever.

"Ok lady, I love you, bye bye"...

If anyone has it/knows where to find it/can make a file of it for me, PLEASE PLEASE let me know...

antennaball 06-20-07 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by JP5683
I have been looking for the sound bite of Mindy forever.

"Ok lady, I love you, bye bye"...

If anyone has it/knows where to find it/can make a file of it for me, PLEASE PLEASE let me know...

http://members.tripod.com/~rafiki100/index.html

Go down to the very bottom.