Aaron Sorkin busted for drugs

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Aaron Sorkin busted for drugs

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-01, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fox11 News out of L.A. reported this morning that Aaron Sorkin the creator and writer of the West Wing was arrested and put in jail for having hallucinogenic mushrooms in his bag at the airport. I think they said it was at an L.A. airport this weekend and that he was flying back from Vegas. They reported that he had finished the season finale script for the West Wing and was bringing it back to L.A. They also said that Sorkin had a bad drug problem in the past and had supposedly kicked it. This was really shocking to me because I didn't know he had had drug problems in the past. I am sure more will come out about this later.

Clint
Old 04-17-01, 11:26 AM

I saw an interview in the past year where he candidly discussed his addiction to crack cocaine around the time he was finishing up the script for "The American President." His future wife, Julia, a Castle Rock studio lawyer, helped him get help at the Hazelden clinic. According to written interviews concerning Robert Downey, Jr's problem with drugs, Sorkin says that he still attends meetings and that "Drug use is not a criminal problem. It's a medical problem." Well, for the time being it looks like it's still a legal problem, Aaron. I'm sorry to hear this as The West Wing is probably my favorite show.

Danny in Yorktown, VA.
Old 04-17-01, 11:53 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
I heard this on a local morning radio show. I think it was at the Burbank airport.
Old 04-17-01, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Rocky_Raccoon
Fox11 News out of L.A. reported this morning that Aaron Sorkin the creator and writer of the West Wing was arrested and put in jail for having hallucinogenic mushrooms in his bag at the airport. I think they said it was at an L.A. airport this weekend and that he was flying back from Vegas. Clint
Had he just taken the mushrooms he wouldn't have needed an airplane to fly from Vegas.
Old 04-17-01, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by Rocky_Raccoon
This was really shocking to me because I didn't know he had had drug problems in the past. I am sure more will come out about this later.
Damn, that's too bad, I was hoping he was off it. I read an article around the time Sports Time got on the air where he discussed his past and he was pretty big into drugs.

But its Hollywood, so don't worry about him going to prison and not being able to write the show next season.