Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Help getting my new Iomega 12x10x32 IDE up and running...

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Help getting my new Iomega 12x10x32 IDE up and running...

Old 02-14-01, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, i installed it this morning, and haven't been able to burn a disc since.. i was gonna do the plextor firmware upgrade, but it specifically says not to until the drive is running smoothly and has been tested.

feurio/nero won't recognize the drive, and ezcd delivers weird burning results. it'll start off fine, then the buffer will drop to like 1%, and it'll eventually stop, then startup again very slowly, etc, etc...

my IDE cables look like this:

----->HD1--->HD2

-->IOMEGA--->DVD

iomega drive jumper is set to 'slave'. it has a drive letter and is 'working properly' under device manager. any ideas??
Old 02-14-01, 03:25 PM
X
Administrator

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
I got mine yesterday, got into the bios just to check that it was there, and started up win98 se. Installed just the CD burning software (from the Iomega CD in the Iomega drive) and burned a CD just fine. My wiring configuration is the same as yours except I only have one HD.

Call Iomega for tech support and exchange the drive if they can't fix it. Do not install the Plextor software yet of course.
Old 02-14-01, 06:50 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you have a via kt133 chipset? I remember reading from the Plextor FAQ that motherboards with the via chipset and the via 4in1 drivers have problems with CD-RWs. I just installed an Iomega 8x4x32x on mine yesterday (with the final via 4in1 drivers) without any problems.