Reload this Page >

Recommend me a thermometer / hydrometer

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 06-08-21, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Iíve been looking for remote temperature and humidity sensors to place around the house. We have four stories, but are only running one stage HVAC with a single centralized temperature control center.

Iíd like a better understanding of the temperature throughout the house. Iíve searched Amazon, and some look nice, but mixed reviews. Some seem to support HomeKit (although limited), while others only have Bluetooth vs Wi-Fi.
Old 06-10-21, 10:11 AM
X
Administrator

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Re: Recommend me a thermometer / hydrometer

I haven't used their hygrometers, only their thermometers, but Thermoworks has good products.

https://www.thermoworks.com/shop/pro...idity/Humidity
Old 06-11-21, 08:20 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Are you looking for a thermostat with remote sensors to control your AC system or just thermometers to check temps at various locations?

For a thermostat with remote sensors, you can look at the Honeywell T9. There is also the Ecobee line to consider. I've not even looked at what "Alexa" line might be available as I tend to stay away from the integrated/smart type stuff. I know Honeywell labels some of their stiff "Smart" but I would simply ignore those options.
Old 06-17-21, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 154 Likes on 109 Posts

We bought this one last year and it's working fine. We bought this one last year and it's working fine.

The base station is in the kitchen, and the three remotes are in the herp room, the basement, and outside. No connectivity dropouts and battery life seems great.
The following users liked this post:
Giantrobo (07-20-21)
Old 06-22-21, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by X View Post
I haven't used their hygrometers, only their thermometers, but Thermoworks has good products.

https://www.thermoworks.com/shop/pro...idity/Humidity
I hadnít thought of ThermoWorks! Crazy because we own several for cooking purposes too.

Originally Posted by rduncan View Post
Are you looking for a thermostat with remote sensors to control your AC system or just thermometers to check temps at various locations?

For a thermostat with remote sensors, you can look at the Honeywell T9. There is also the Ecobee line to consider. I've not even looked at what "Alexa" line might be available as I tend to stay away from the integrated/smart type stuff. I know Honeywell labels some of their stiff "Smart" but I would simply ignore those options.
The latter - various locations.

Originally Posted by AGuyNamedMike View Post
We bought this one last year and it's working fine.

The base station is in the kitchen, and the three remotes are in the herp room, the basement, and outside. No connectivity dropouts and battery life seems great.
That looks quite interesting and I hadnít run across it.

Does the main readout at the top of the large display tel you temp at the display, or average of the other 3?
Old 06-22-21, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 154 Likes on 109 Posts

Temp at the display only.
The following users liked this post:
Superman07 (06-22-21)