Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Office 365 -- Best place for a deal?

Old 11-24-19, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Office 365 -- Best place for a deal?

I have an Office 365 personal subscription, which I bought with my computer a year ago and paid $70 for a 1-year subscription.

It expires in 1 month. Just curious if any of you have any knowledge of a site that I can get deal to re-up so I won't have to pay the full $70.
I checked Costco and it seems like the personal subscription is $58.

Anyone have any insight? Sucks that Microsoft appears to be making this a yearly subscription model as opposed to a 1-time only purchase. I need Office for my work at home, so this isn't something I can skip on.

Appreciate any info.

Old 11-24-19, 05:13 PM

Re: Office 365 -- Best place for a deal?

I just renewed my subscription last week. I got it on eBay for $47. It's the second time I've bought from this seller. He can ship you the card or just email the code.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-O...D/382252936719
Old 11-24-19, 05:38 PM

I think you posted that in my computer buying advice thread, too. I'm glad it worked for you twice, but I have to admit, a half-price software deal from a guy on eBay cones off so sketchy, is it truly legit? How do you know? I need to do this, too, and I'd like to feel good about it, thanks.

It's my same question with Windows 10 from eBay, to be honest. I don't have enough money to throw it out on eBay scams, sonic rather pay more in a store if I have to, but don't want to miss a legit deal.
Old 11-24-19, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by story View Post
I think you posted that in my computer buying advice thread, too. I'm glad it worked for you twice, but I have to admit, a half-price software deal from a guy on eBay cones off so sketchy, is it truly legit? How do you know? I need to do this, too, and I'd like to feel good about it, thanks.
I appreciate Dave's suggestion, but I'm a little leery about it. Especially after the whole discounted Hulu gift cards debacle from a few years ago that turned out to be all stolen cards.
Old 11-24-19, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, EBay from a reputable seller is the way to go. I’ve bought a few MS Office’s as well as MS10 for good prices. Just look for the sellers with great ratings. They won’t sink their reputation on stolen stuff.
Old 11-24-19, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by story View Post
I'm leery of buying codes on eBay too. Someone recommended this seller to me a year ago. A bought a subscription from him last December, and it worked fine. Just bought another one and that worked fine too. He'll mail you the physical card if you want. You can check his feedback. He's sold hundreds of these codes and he has 100% feedback.

But if you're really worried about it, you can get it at Amazon for $56.

Amazon Amazon
Old 11-25-19, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Amazon has the personal version (key card) for $56 right now. In the past, they have had the home version for $99 w/ a $50 GC.
https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Personal-12-month-subscription-Download/dp/B07FVWTRZZ/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=office%2B365&qid=1574690201&sr=8-4&th=1 https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Personal-12-month-subscription-Download/dp/B07FVWTRZZ/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=office%2B365&qid=1574690201&sr=8-4&th=1
Old 11-25-19, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

This isn't something you can expense or get a deal on from work? I know at my workplace they have some kind of discounted office 365 deal for employees but I've never looked into it.
Old 12-04-19, 03:37 AM

Amazon Daily Deal 12/4/2019

Microsoft Office 365 Home 12-month subscription + $50 Amazon.com Gift Card - $99.99

Amazon Amazon