Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Blu Ray Burning Problems

Old 05-22-19, 05:59 PM

Blu Ray Burning Problems

Hey guys,

I'm brand new to the forum so hopefully I'm in the right place. I have been attempting to burn a video onto blu ray using Nero Video. I have successfully burned the project to a Verbatim BD-RE disc but whenever I try to burn the same project to a BD-R, the disc isn't readable. I have used Verbatim 16x BD-R discs and Optical Quantum 6x as well. I also have tried an LG bluray burner drive and a Pioneer external BD-RE drive. Still no luck. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 05-22-19, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Blu Ray Burning Problems

You will likely find better answers about burning media on Doom9's forum.

Doom9's Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Old 05-22-19, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Do not use Nero.. use Imgburn, it's far better, and more compatible.. Burn in UDF-only mode, if you're burning to a BD-R blank media. First create an .iso of the content, then burn it to BD-R with Imgburn. Should be no problem, and playable, unless the blank BD-R media itself is bad. This isn't beyond the realm, since the quality of blank media has gone to shit in recent years.

But, I have had good luck with Optical Quantum and Verbatim media on LG blu-ray burners. These are the only game left in town..
Old 05-22-19, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I’ll just reiterate that zyzzle is spot on with advising you to use Imgburn. Do NOT use Nero. Their software is always adding stuff to their program that can wreck or slow down your system. But Imgburn is the best for burning on blu discs. I’m guessing you’re using 25Gb discs and not 50?
Old 05-22-19, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

FYI, I’ve burned a good chunk of my family’s home videos from VHS/DVD to blu. Results have varied, but it’s nice to have them on disc to give to family members.