Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Router Login Trouble - Facing issue with 192.168.1.254

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 12-27-18, 02:50 AM

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday night, my wifi router got updated with some firmware but ever since I am not able to access the Internet.

Whenever I try to enter any website in the url bar (say dvdtalk.com), it redirects me to the Router login page( IP 192.168.1.254).

However, it doesn't work even after I put in the details.

Anyone aware of what do to fix this?
Old 12-27-18, 04:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Router Login Trouble - Facing issue with 192.168.1.254

Is AT&T your provider? If so, try a hard reset on the router itself. Turn off the computer, disconnect the power plug from router, wait 30 seconds. Plug router power plug back in. Wait a minute, until all lights on router come back on. Turn computer power back on. Then try to login with your credentials.
Old 12-27-18, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

So you can't login to the router at all? Do you remember the credentials? If not (or if the firmware reset it to default), are the credentials printed on the side of your router?

This could be because the router setup got wiped out and you have to set it up again (or there's some warning like traffic about to go over the limit, but you'll only see that after you login to the router).
Old 12-28-18, 04:54 AM

Yes, I remember the router login details but they don't seem to work. Moreover, that's not the problem. The login page is appearing unnecessarily and it the details don't work at that page.

I have also restarted the Router. I guess there's some problem in my PC afterall.
Old 12-28-18, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by rafaelsolano View Post
Yes, I remember the router login details but they don't seem to work. Moreover, that's not the problem. The login page is appearing unnecessarily and it the details don't work at that page.

I have also restarted the Router. I guess there's some problem in my PC afterall.
Like I said, the router will usually force you to go to it's console if you have some kind of warning or problem (ie: you're over some bandwidth limit, it wants you to log in to view the warning). If there was a factory reset, the router password might have been reset (and maybe your settings as well); usually that default password is printed on the side of the router.
Old 12-29-18, 12:48 AM

Maybe your default is different & not the one mentioned by you. Did you try to use 192.168.0.1 as it's the most common private IP address.
Old 01-02-19, 01:20 AM

Yes, I've tried that IP address. It starts loading up and then again it redirects to the one that I have mentioned.