Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Any way to get phone messages to come up on car console again?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 12-24-18, 07:54 PM
Inane Thread Master

Everything used to be perfect. Music synced up and didnít reset every time I started car again and most importantly, if I got a text, it would come up on console, push a button and it would read it to me.

Ever since one of the iPhone updates, phone doesnít do any of it. The texting thing, I think only recently started and maybe just with new phone, iPhone X, is the cause. I have a 2015 Honda Accord with everything if that helps.

The music thing I can handle though it annoys me, but really want to get text pop ups like before. And yes, Iíve deleted phone and resynced it again with Bluetooth.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-24-18, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Any way to get phone messages to come up on car console again?

Not sure but a couple of things to check are:

Make sure Do Not Disturb While driving is on manual and not automatic or while connected to Bluetooth. Ask Siri to Open Do Not Disturb. Scroll down and look for Do Not Disturb while Driving settings. Where it says Activate under there, make sure it is on Manual. If it is on While on Bluetooth or Automatic, tap it and change to Manual.
Not positive, but if you have Do Not Disturb on (The Crescent Moon icon, the main setting) either manually or scheduled and you're connected via bluetooth during that time, you might not get them either.

When connected to your car via bluetooth, go into Bluetooth Settings, and on the connection for your car, click the Circle I. Make sure notifications are enabled.
Old 12-25-18, 09:52 AM
Inane Thread Master

thanks Molson. unfortunately the do not disturb was already manual. i will try the BT thing when connected, but not hopeful. thanks...
Old 12-26-18, 09:14 PM
Inane Thread Master

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson View Post
Not sure but a couple of things to check are:

Make sure Do Not Disturb While driving is on manual and not automatic or while connected to Bluetooth. Ask Siri to Open Do Not Disturb. Scroll down and look for Do Not Disturb while Driving settings. Where it says Activate under there, make sure it is on Manual. If it is on While on Bluetooth or Automatic, tap it and change to Manual.
Not positive, but if you have Do Not Disturb on (The Crescent Moon icon, the main setting) either manually or scheduled and you're connected via bluetooth during that time, you might not get them either.

When connected to your car via bluetooth, go into Bluetooth Settings, and on the connection for your car, click the Circle I. Make sure notifications are enabled.
you did it Molson! fixed. went in car, opened Blutooth settings, something was unchecked (show messages, i think) and wala. thank you again!!!
Old 12-26-18, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'll send you my bill.

Old 12-26-18, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

^ Maybe start with a "You seem to use DVD Talk a lot" message, ala Wikipedia, to solicit a 3 dollar donation ...
Old 12-26-18, 10:28 PM
Inane Thread Master

I’d still love to figure out that resetting my music everyday. That started before new phone after one of updates. Maybe has something to do with Honda not keeping up with iPhone tech?
Old 12-26-18, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
you did it Molson! fixed. went in car, opened Blutooth settings, something was unchecked (show messages, i think) and wala. thank you again!!!
The word you're looking for is Voilŗ.