Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Samsung Tab A

Old 07-23-18, 01:26 AM
Cool New Member

Samsung Tab A

So I just bought a new on from amazon and it was delivered today and....itís used and has a lock on it. Obviously amazon will replace this but any way to unlock it in the mean time? I canít can turn it off without the passcode
Old 07-27-18, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Samsung Tab A

Originally Posted by Grandroyal View Post
So I just bought a new on from amazon and it was delivered today and....itís used and has a lock on it. Obviously amazon will replace this but any way to unlock it in the mean time? I canít can turn it off without the passcode
It sounds like you bought from an Amazon seller but not Amazon themselves, because even if they sold you a used tablet they most likely would not have accepted it if it had not gone through a factory restore (the original owner's data might still be on the tablet so it is a good thing you are locked out).

So odd...I know that for things like iPads Best Buy will not touch one with a 10 foot pole unless the Find My iPad feature is turned off because otherwise the person trading it in could later declare it was stolen and get a BB employee in hot water.

Anyway, bought from Amazon direct or not you should be able to return to the seller and if the seller gives you grief a complaint filed with Amazon will get them to accept the return with no further issues.
Old 07-28-18, 01:03 AM
Cool New Member

Re: Samsung Tab A

Originally Posted by Inhumans99 View Post
It sounds like you bought from an Amazon seller but not Amazon themselves, because even if they sold you a used tablet they most likely would not have accepted it if it had not gone through a factory restore (the original owner's data might still be on the tablet so it is a good thing you are locked out).

So odd...I know that for things like iPads Best Buy will not touch one with a 10 foot pole unless the Find My iPad feature is turned off because otherwise the person trading it in could later declare it was stolen and get a BB employee in hot water.

Anyway, bought from Amazon direct or not you should be able to return to the seller and if the seller gives you grief a complaint filed with Amazon will get them to accept the return with no further issues.
Yep. I returned it the next day