Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Problem with Apple ID

Old 12-06-17, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Problem with Apple ID

So last night I decided to update my Apple ID information to a new email account. Since doing so Iím unable to sign into iTunes or the App Store. When I go on to the actual Apple ID website Iím able to sign in with the new email account but when I go to Apple ID section my phoneís settings or any place else such as the App Store it keeps prompting me to sign in. Iíve tried numerous times and also updated my password but it just wonít go past the sign in. Any thoughts on how to correct this?

Last edited by Mike86; 12-06-17 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-06-17, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Problem with Apple ID

Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post
So last night I decided to update my Apple ID information to a new email account. Since doing so Iím unable to sign into iTunes or the App Store. When I go on to the actual Apple ID website Iím able to sign in with the new email account but when I go to Apple ID section my phoneís settings or any place else such as the App Store it keeps prompting me to sign in. Iíve tried numerous times and also updated my password but it just wonít go past the sign in. Any thoughts on how to correct this?
Try the old id and password. It should log you into your account. Itís been years since I did the same thing and I remember it being a pain. I had issues for weeks. I canít remember how I finally got it to stick though. I think I changed it from the device or backed up the phone and restored it or signed out from all Apple the devices and signed back and in. Try that last one first.
Old 12-07-17, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I had a similar problem when I changed my Apple ID email address a few years back. I am pretty sure that I had to sign out on my phone, and then sign back in, but it has been so long that I can't be positive about that.

All I know is that I was able to get it resolved, but I did run into an odd issue that a few apps purchased under the old address were not recognized as being "owned" by me under the new one.
Old 12-07-17, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Did you try signing out of everything and signing in again with the new e-mail address?
Old 12-07-17, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Actually there was an update that I had to run and after that it started to work again. I had tried signing out and back in multiple times though. Beats me what the deal was. Thanks for the input though.