Anybody have a OnePlus One?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 01-26-15, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OnePlus One

Out of all the Android phones out there, this has been the only one who has me considering switching from the iOS side.

so anybody have one around this parts? What are your thoughts?
Old 01-26-15, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
Re: Anybody have a OnePlus One?

I had one and liked it quite a bit. It was well constructed, the battery life was good, the interface was smooth & the price made it almost a no-brainer. The only caveat is that support blows, so if you end up getting a lemon it'll be a bitch to rectify. But, that's also a possibility with all technology.
Old 01-27-15, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Just curious why the one plus one and not other Androids? I have played with the one plus one, and it is nice, but honestly, I prefer my note 4.

If price is an issue, consider the LG g2 which as of this post can bet had for $210.

http://m.slickdeals.net/f/7620100-32...40-cheaper?v=1
Old 01-27-15, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 287 Likes on 153 Posts

One Plus One is Two.

You're Welcome.
Old 01-27-15, 11:22 AM
Banned by request

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The company seems more interested in gimmicks than actually getting the phone into people's hands.
Old 01-27-15, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had one for a while now. They were pretty easy to snag around the holidays too when they temporarily got rid of the need for invites. Not sure how easy/hard they are to get now. I got mine back in the beginning of the summer. I love mine, no complaints about it whatsoever. Well 1 complaint, I wish it supported Qi charging, but other than that, no complaints.
Old 01-27-15, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post
The company seems more interested in gimmicks than actually getting the phone into people's hands.
Yep. Their marketing is pretty terrible. And there's absolutely no reason it should still be an invite system.
Old 01-27-15, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

A friend of mine here at work has it. He thinks is great. I've heard mixed things about the hardware quality being somewhat of a crapshoot though.
Old 01-27-15, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by D.Pham4GLTE (>60GB) View Post
Just curious why the one plus one and not other Androids? I have played with the one plus one, and it is nice, but honestly, I prefer my note 4.

If price is an issue, consider the LG g2 which as of this post can bet had for $210.

http://m.slickdeals.net/f/7620100-32...40-cheaper?v=1
2 things:

- I really really like how it looks. The curved back, sandstone finish. Just the overall form factor I find incredibly appealing.

- Cyanogen Mod. I admit I know next to nothing about the Android OS but what little exposure I've had, I've never liked it. But based on the YouTube reviews I've seen showing it off, I might adapt to this one better.
Old 01-27-15, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had one since the end of last summer and absolutely love it. I've found the 64 GB of storage to be ridiculously adequate. Between all the games, dozens of podcasts every week and dozens of audiobooks I have loaded, I've still got just under 30GB free. It's fantastic.

The screen looks great (I know initial units had problems with a yellow hue, but I haven't noticed it) and it's got enough horsepower to run every game that I've thrown at it. It picks up signal just fine and the GPS works pretty darned well. I do tech support across the Denver Metro area, so I'm running all over town using Waze to get me to my next job the most efficient way possible, so I blow through battery power like it's nothing. Good thing I have a car charger. For most power users, though, the battery should be just fine. On days I'm not running around town, I can get a couple days out of a charge easily.

After using a Galaxy S2 then a Nexus 4, there's no way I'd go back to anything not stock Android if I could help it and this installation of CM is pretty darned close to vanilla Android. I'm a big fan of the phone for sure.
Old 01-28-15, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post

2 things:

- I really really like how it looks. The curved back, sandstone finish. Just the overall form factor I find incredibly appealing.

- Cyanogen Mod. I admit I know next to nothing about the Android OS but what little exposure I've had, I've never liked it. But based on the YouTube reviews I've seen showing it off, I might adapt to this one better.
To me, the form factor is not much different than other curved back phones. I don't know of any with the sandstone finish though.

I have used cm roms (yeah, not exactly the same), to me, didn't seem to be a huge difference over stock or close to stock phones .
Old 02-09-15, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Open Sales every Tuesday starting tonight.