Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Bluetooth problems

Old 05-06-13, 07:51 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Bluetooth problems

Can anyone offer any help?

I have a Sasung Infuse 4G that used to be able to connect to Bluetooth with my Motorola S9-HD wireless headphones, but for some reason now it won't.

The Bluetooth option is checked on and underneath where it says Bluetooth devices it scans but won't even recognise the deice let alone connect or pair with it
Old 05-07-13, 08:38 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Bluetooth problems

Long shot, but you could try unpairing the phone from the headphones, then re-pair. I've had to do that before.
Old 05-07-13, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SomethingMore View Post
Long shot, but you could try unpairing the phone from the headphones, then re-pair. I've had to do that before.
This.

Can you pair other things with the phone?
Old 05-09-13, 05:52 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

I'm still not having any luck. Somewhere along the way I probably unpaired the phone, but now when I bring up the Bluetooth menu and tap the 'Scan devices' option, I can see it "scanning" but then that's it, it stops. I have the headphones turned on and nothing
Old 05-09-13, 09:03 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVDMagic View Post
I'm still not having any luck. Somewhere along the way I probably unpaired the phone, but now when I bring up the Bluetooth menu and tap the 'Scan devices' option, I can see it "scanning" but then that's it, it stops. I have the headphones turned on and nothing
There should be a way to make the headphones "discoverable" for a short period of time. BT devices typically aren't perpetually discoverable, because then any nearby stranger can pair their phone with your headphones and make you listen to Radiohead or something equally terrible. Usually, it requires holding down a specific button for about 5 seconds. I'd do a google search for the model number along with "Bluetooth discoverable"

I hope that helps.
Old 05-09-13, 09:09 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

I did a quick search and it seems like your headphones should always have "discoverable" mode on (as long as the blue light is on).