Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

iTunes 11 warning regarding iTunes U

Old 12-01-12, 10:46 PM

iTunes 11 warning regarding iTunes U

If you use iTunes for iTunes U, the new version is broken. They have removed most of the view options. There is no grid view.

The tracks in each course are sorted by date. I could not find any way to change this. Many courses are uploaded all at once, meaning the tracks are jumbled up and cannot be resorted.

You can add back the sidebar, menu bar, and status bar...but I didn't care about those. The music view options are more plentiful but I don't use iTunes for music.

When opening the new installation, it automatically alters your iTunes library. I'm not sure how hard it will be to revert to previous iTunes if you didn't have the ITL file backed up.
Old 12-01-12, 11:36 PM

Re: iTunes 11 warning regarding iTunes U

I uninstalled 11 and replaced the new ITL file with the old one. I tried to install the previous version of iTunes. The installation failed.

I did a system restore from the point before i uninstalled iTunes 10.7. I then ran the installer and it offered to repair the installation. iTunes seems to be back to its old self.