Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Streaming video from PC to HDTV via SMP-N100

Old 01-22-12, 01:59 AM

Streaming video from PC to HDTV via SMP-N100

Hey everybody,
I'll admit, I'm fairly new to streaming over wi-fi and am hoping someone here can help me out. I've been wanting to watch my videos on my tv WITHOUT having to hook up a cable every time. So I just bought a Sony SMP-N100 since I was told this would help me.

I've hooked it up to the tv and it connects to the web fine. I am able to watch Netflix, Hulu, and can listen to Pandora without any problems. BUT, the reason I bought it was so I could stream from my pc.

I read a few other posts and most of them have said to use Serviio. So, I downloaded Serviio and installed it. That's about as far as I can go with my limited expertise. I'm not sure what settings I need to input, or if I need to change anything on my router. I have an AT&T Uverse router model #3800HGV-B.

If anybody out there knows what I can do to get my vids on the tv, it would be oh so much appreciated. Thanks!