Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Help to embed youtube video onto facebook

Old 10-30-11, 03:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Help to embed youtube video onto facebook

Lately, youtube videos won't embed on my facebook wall. Some will and for some reason, some won't. Facebook has gone through so many updates lately so I think that is the cause for it.

Any solution? I've checked facebook but I don't see a solution. I've googled for solutions but the solutions were for earlier versions of facebook that don't seem to apply any more.

Before you ask the video is public and it is not blocked on mobile devices, etc. It is searchable as well.
Old 10-30-11, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Help to embed youtube video onto facebook

Link YouTube to Facebook and share?
Old 10-31-11, 03:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks but no that doesn't work. It only posts the link rather than embedding it on facebook.
Old 10-31-11, 09:38 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

When I paste the video's URL into FB, it automatically pulls up the video, title, and description.
Once you post it, it should be embedded so all anyone else has to do is click on the video in your post, and it'll start playing the video right there in FB.
Old 10-31-11, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I find this occasionally as well. Some videos just don't want to post as thumbnails sometimes. I posted something last week, and found I couldn't get a thumbnail to show up, yet my friends posted my same video and it did for them. Then I went back in, and tried to post again, and it still wouldn't show up as a thumbnail post.
Old 11-01-11, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

To make things worse, I've seen that some friends post videos and they show fine, tumbnails and all, in my iPad app, but when I check Facebook in my Windows 7 PC, in Chrome, they don't show embedded.
Old 11-01-11, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SomethingMore View Post
When I paste the video's URL into FB, it automatically pulls up the video, title, and description.
Once you post it, it should be embedded so all anyone else has to do is click on the video in your post, and it'll start playing the video right there in FB.
It used to be that simple. Now, it sometimes will embed or put a thumbnail of the video where it will play or it will only copy the link without any description, picture or video.

I don't know who is responsible...Facebook, Youtube, or perhaps the music company. And I get send a message to the folks there for assistance.
Old 11-01-11, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I find when I simply copy and paste it doesn't work, but if you backspace the last character in the link and then re-type it manually it will work... try that to see if it works for you.
Old 11-02-11, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
I find when I simply copy and paste it doesn't work, but if you backspace the last character in the link and then re-type it manually it will work... try that to see if it works for you.
Thanks, I was going to try that and for some odd reason, it finally embedded after I posted the clip on youtube over a week ago.