Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Gmail not Auto-checking other email account anymore

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 08-11-11, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I have my gmail set up to check my work email which allows me to use just one app on my android phone for email. I noticed the past few days that I haven't been getting any work email on my phone. All of these email settings are done through Gmail's website, not through my phone directly. I logged into my gmail account and looked at the "Accounts and Import" tab, then the "Check Mail using pop3" section for my work email and it even has a label there that says "Last checked 5 days ago" and a link to "check mail now". There is nothing indicating that it automatically checks it, or how often it does so. Right now it says "Last checked: 33 minutes ago" which is accurate. I click the "Edit info" link and there are no settings there either for it to auto-check this account.

Does anybody know if there was a recent change in gmail that caused this? I know my boss has said that he isn't getting his work email on his phone right now either. He's also on android and set up the same way as me.

Thanks for any help!
Old 08-11-11, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Gmail not Auto-checking other email account anymore

So my phone just beeped and I got a test email that I sent to my work address. Apparently it is auto-checking once an hour now... still no idea why it didn't check for the last 5 days.

Any thoughts on how I can decide how long between checks would still be much appreciated.

Thanks!