Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Help... Problem with IE5.5 scrolling and sound card interference...

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Help... Problem with IE5.5 scrolling and sound card interference...

Old 02-01-01, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Okay, this is really bizarre... Whenever I scroll a window in IE5.5 (or OUtlook Express for that matter) it causes whatever I'm listening to on my soundcard at the moment (internet radio, WinAmp, whatever) to temporarily break up with interference like it's on the radio or something... Happens whether I scroll using the keyboard or the mouse, not in any other programs (that I've noticed yet) and it just sort of started happening all of a sudden, I can't remember changing anything that made it suddenly start doin this! Has anyone got ANY idea, even a vague one, of what the heck's going on? It's really, REALLY annoying... I either have to put up with my music breaking up constantly or surf in silence
Old 02-01-01, 04:49 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

ok, you allow a vague idea so here's my guess--

perhaps there are components sharing IRQs where they're not supposed to (or not able to).

to check your IRQ use...right click on "my computer"-->properties-->device manager tab-->double click the computer icon at the top.

one of the tabs will show you IRQ use and sharing.

--HN