Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

How to install Tweak UI files from Microsoft?

Old 01-22-01, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I downloaded Tweak UI file from PC world website but after unzipping the file i cannot install it, it keeps on saying to install from the control panel.I dont see the file on the control panel so any guys can help me on this?
Old 01-22-01, 02:02 AM
X
Administrator

In Explorer, go to the directory containing the unziped files and right-click Tweakui.inf, then click Install. Then go to the Control Panel to do your tweaking.
Old 01-22-01, 04:46 AM

I get this message. the disk labelled Tweak UI is now required.The disk is provided by your computer manufacturer.Please insert the disk.
What disk is the message referring to?
Old 01-22-01, 04:52 AM
X
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Kumar J:
I get this message. the disk labelled Tweak UI is now required.The disk is provided by your computer manufacturer.Please insert the disk.
What disk is the message referring to?

I can guess what disk it's referring to. I just don't know what to label your directory so it thinks it's it. How about going to Microsoft to get TweakUI? And it never hurts to extract files to a directory called C:\Disk1 if you have no idea what else to do.
Old 01-22-01, 09:13 PM

Winzip extracted it to C:Windows and inside Temp files folder so from there i been trying to install.I cannot find any downloads from Microsoft regarding Tweak UI
Old 01-24-01, 05:46 PM

Simply enter the directory that the tweakui files are in. The program isn't smart enough to look for you. Just use the "browse" to get to the correct directory that you unzipped all of the tweakui.ini files.