Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Quick time help!!!

Old 01-18-01, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Help, I am terrible with pcs and everytime my 3 yr old son tries to play some of his games says cannot find time quick time. Well I went into quick time but now have no idea where to get this application to reload it in my system. Any help is appreciated, theres nuthin worse than a 3 year old pissed that he can't play blues clues!!!
Old 01-18-01, 05:31 PM

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/

Don't get Quicktime 5 Preview. Stick to 4
Old 01-18-01, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just downloaded it and went to run a game and still says cannot initialize quick time? Anybody have any suggestions?
Old 01-18-01, 08:25 PM
X
Administrator

Did you run the install that you downloaded? If not, try running it.
Old 01-18-01, 08:30 PM
Mod Emeritus

It might be more convinient to have the full thing rather than download the installer and then have to download other components durring install. I have the full thing available at my website (in my sig) for just this reason. Download the zip file, unzip it, and run the installer (don't run the installer from within the zip).

------------------
DVD-ROM & Computer Forum Moderator - [email protected]
DVD-ROM FAQ - Jason's Digital Domain - AIM: northrupjason
Old 01-20-01, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Have it and everything showing on my desk top, and still games all say cant initialize quicktime, these are just little kid games nuthin special what is up with this!! Also how do i get off my desktop just to s i can scroll down for it. Shouldn't the games just auto activate if they need it?
Old 01-20-01, 12:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kman1011:
Have it and everything showing on my desk top, and still games all say cant initialize quicktime, these are just little kid games nuthin special what is up with this!! Also how do i get off my desktop just to s i can scroll down for it. Shouldn't the games just auto activate if they need it?

What game is it?

Old 01-20-01, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

We're talking older games that he just got like Big job which needs like 486 minumum. SO nothing extravagant? Any help is so appreciated

Old 01-20-01, 05:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kman1011:
We're talking older games that he just got like Big job which needs like 486 minumum. SO nothing extravagant? Any help is so appreciated

If it is an old game that could be the problem. I remember my young cousin wanted to play to Gungan Frontier (a Star Wars Episode 1 game, so it is not THAT old) and it required Quicktime 3. Quicktime 4 would not work with it (crappy Quicktime, it is EVIL! )

Maybe you could try to find the QuickTime version that is required for the game.
Old 01-21-01, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just talked to my wife and this is with all his games even newer jumpstart and blues clues games? Any one got a fix for this?