Reload this Page >

iTunes 9 Help -- cannot transfer files to IPOD

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 01-15-10, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I'll start off by admitting that I am not good at using iTunes at all, and if there was a way, I would prefer not to because it always gives me headaches. I have an IPOD touch that I only use for watching videos when travelling. I used to be able to drag and drop IPOD compatible videos (mp4 format) into my IPOD, from my computer, using iTunes. For example, with iTunes opened, I go to "device"-->"my ipod"-->movies and then drag and drop into that window. This used to work..... until I upgraded to iTunes 9. Now I can't drag and drop anything.

Is there a way to fix this? There must be an easy way to get a damn file from my computer to my ipod, right? By the way, I have checked the "manually manage music and videos" option, but still doesn't work.

Last edited by Autotelik; 01-15-10 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-15-10, 10:03 PM
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: iTunes 9 Help -- cannot transfer files to IPOD

Click on the device in the left column. Check the tabs near the top of that screen, in particular "Videos" for you. Is it set to where you want it to be?
Old 01-15-10, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry I'm dumb. I clicked on the device "my ipod" and the only tabs I have at the top of the screen are "summary", "applications", "music", "movies", "TV shows", "podcasts", "iTunes U", "photos", "info". If by "videos" you mean "movies", when I click on that tab, there is nothing there except a box to check called "sync movies".

I sort of found a way to do it, but it involved adding stuff to the library first, which I have never done before. After adding various files to my library, it then lets me drag a file from my library and drop into my device. But it used to always let me drag directly from my hard drive directly into my device, without having to add it to the library first. Oh well.... I guess I'm just iTunes illiterate because I never understood why I have to manage a library in order to get from my hard drive to my iPOD.
Old 01-15-10, 11:21 PM
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry. I meant "Movies". You did what I would have done. I always add things to the iTunes library first and didn't know there was any other way.