Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Remote programming

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Remote programming

Old 12-17-09, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote programming

I'm having a problem selecting playback options (surtitles, audio, chapters) when playing a DVD on my terrific Oppo BDP83. I don't understand how to program DVDs. When a DVD begins there is a menu that includes audio, subtitles etc. When I go to any of them using the joystick, I can select my choice, but how am I supposed to get out of that item on the menu? The joystick doesn't seem to do it (although sometimes it does). Hitting Return doesn't work.

On a second subject, when playing a DVD is an option to use the setup button on the remote? This gives on-screen options; I've tried that, but once I've made a selection I can't get out of that setup option.

Is there any place I can find specific instructions on how to select programming options and then save them - and get to other options?
When playing a DVD is an option to use the setup button on the remote? I've tried that, but once I've made a selection I can't get out of that setup option.

Help! Thank you!
Old 12-17-09, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Remote programming

Are you having problems with playing DVD or BD (Blu-ray Disc)? The Oppo BDP83 is a BD player, but it can play DVDs as well.

This thread should probably be in the "DVD & Home Theater Gear," where it will get more reads and responses. The "Tech Talk" forum is for technology that isn't Home Theater Gear.