Reload this Page >

Tips For Digitizing My Entire DVD Collection

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 12-02-09, 02:08 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Inspired by the idea that the next solid format for home entertainment is digital files (and Blu-ray is the sexy bridge to that future), I decided to add another progressive "if I have down-time" chore to my life: buy a 1 Terabyte external hard drive and digitize every single DVD I own.

This will probably be finished in a year or so, but before I began, I wanted to make sure I rip everything in the most versatile-yet-futureproof format possible. I plan on watching these movies through iTunes, and if I wanted to show one at a friend's house, I can load it on my iPod and bring my AV cables that plug into the dock connector.

I'll be using HandBrake to rip my DVDs, so what settings would be best for me? Or would another program work better? I'd love for the quality to be as close to the quality of the digital copies of films that come with certain Blu-ray discs, but not too much bigger in file size.

Thanks for your help!
Old 12-02-09, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Tips For Digitizing My Entire DVD Collection

See: Requesting or providing help in copying copyrighted material